Alkalife, pH Balance, 90 Enteric Coated Tablets

Excellent product, highly recommended

Posted by Reviewer2569326 on Jun 30, 2013

An essential product if your saliva pH is acidic, a sign that your body isn't in an healthy state. The enteric coating is something no other non-prescription products offer, truly a great product. It does work to normalize pH, the results are easily measurable with pH strips.

ENTERIC Coated Bicarb….LOVE IT!!!

Posted by Reviewer2853621 on Mar 05, 2014

This stuff is great. I have low acid but also low buffers. Whenever I'd take hydrochloric acid, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice in water, etc, to address the first issue, the second would become a problem. Food that was too acidic would move into my small intestine and cause pain and my whole system would feel acidic. Now I take magnesium chloride with meals and this ENTERIC coated bicarb….So it it opens in my small intestine and therefor doesn't neutralize the effect of the acid. Love it! (:

Excellent product for people with malabsorption or poor intestinal health

Posted by Reviewer1175250 on Jul 07, 2015

Bicarbonate of soda is naturally released by your pancreas when food enters your small intestine. The bicarb serves three purposes - it neutralises the acid from your stomach, it aids with absorption of nutrients, and it gives your entire digestive tract a good cleaning. It's thought that the cleaning effect of bicarb aids in the production of good bacteria in your large intestine too. I have a pancreatic disorder which means both my enzyme production and bicarb production are impaired. I have to take pancreatic enzyme supplements in order to absorb food properly. I read a study of people with pancreatitis which found that pancreatic enzyme supplements were much more effective at digesting food when taken with enteric-coated bicarb. This was the only brand I could find that is actually enteric-coated, and I must say I'm impressed. It's done an excellent job. I absorb nutrients much better now, I can eat a wider range of foods without symptoms, my overall digestive health has improved, and I have a lot less cramping and pain. If you need to take enzymes, you have malabsorption issues, you have poor intestinal health or you have bacterial overgrowth, I'd highly recommend these tablets. They're completely safe and make a great adjunct to other digestive treatments. The one drawback of these tablets is that they contain titanium dioxide. I really wish they didn't, as it's a possible carcinogen. Pro-tip: Take the tablet at the beginning of the meal, with the first mouthful of food. That way when your food and other supplements reach your digestive tract it will already be full of bicarb and primed for absorption of nutrients.

great stuff