Artisana, Raw Organic Coconut Oil, 16 fl oz (473 ml)

Healed my husband's shingles scars and flare ups!

Posted by pareedus on May 15, 2014

I bought this oil to try oil pulling, (particularly for a morning after a night of drinking to try hangover prevention), but I didn't know that the most wonderful use we found (quite by accident) was that it seems to have cured my husband's shingles related skin condition. He has been having flare ups in the same place for over a year or two, which seemed to never go away, and had led to scarring of the area. The doctor told him it was viral, and any medicines would be purely for symptoms. The oil sits on our bathroom counter, and I guess out of desperation, he started putting it on his afflicted area. He has been amazed that the infection subsided, and even the scarring has been dramatically reduced. His skin looks normal! I had no idea why, but after reading the review by Leione in April, I suspect it must be these qualities that led to his results. I'm so pleased he doesn't have to suffer this discomfort anymore- and without having to use pills and medicines.

from Lithuania

Posted by Reviewer2735141 on Mar 07, 2011

very delicious and the best quality.I use it for cooking and for my hair,body too.

This is a new version of coconut oil

Posted by Reviewer2059212 on Aug 24, 2014

This product is different than the old one: this oil is no longer extra virgin which means the melting temperature is different. I have both the old one manufactured some time back and the new versions as I eat tons of coconut oil and have done so for a long time so I keep a large stock. (I'm about 98% raw vegan these days). Right now it's hot in Japan where we live but only one of the oils on the shelf is melted and it's not the new version strangely.

awesome

Posted by Reviewer3294805 on Mar 28, 2011

I purchased and sent this jar to my grandmother. She has very dry skin and hair and discovered how much she loved it when she was using mine. Next jar is for me - I mostly use it on my skin. Even though I have oily skin, I still use it on my face as a moisturizer. It has helped to even out my skin tone and the crow's feet around my eyes are all but gone. It really is an awesome product.

Woah!

Posted by Reviewer2434060 on Apr 27, 2011

This is an amazing coconut oil! I was using Nutiva before and while its great its nowhere near as good as Artisana! The thing I noticed right off the bat was the texture. Its way smoother and richer. Not sure how to explain it but its absolutely fantastic! I'm a coconut oil fanatic and can easily eat it by the spoonful and this oil made it difficult to resist. Oh, and it smells heavenly!