Badger Company, Lip Tint & Shimmer, Garnet/Opal Shimmer, .17 oz (4.8 g)

Reviews 5-star

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »

Beautiful deep wine, opal & creamy lip balm

Posted by PurplePegasus on Nov 21, 2012

Reviewed this years ago, let's see if it publishes now... This is fun & being 100% organic, it's much better than lipsticks. I had not realized there were 2 colors one on each end. As a lip balm this is very healing, creamy and moisturizing without being oily. Feels as great as the regular Badger lip balms. It smells like roasted cacao beans & the scent does linger. I have MCS & am allergic to chemical smells. Strong as this smells, it doesn't bother me & smell fades away progressively. So far as color, the garnet is a deep wine color. It is very natural looking which is what I was looking for. It is matte and not sheer. Applying a little makes for a natural look or you can go bolder with a few applications. The opal shade allows you to control how dark you want the garnet, just apply on top to tone it down. The opal can also be used on its own, it's a nude color that makes for a beige/pinkish lip with a slightly frosted finish. I have big lips: the garnet gives the illusion of smaller lips, the opal makes them stand out refracting light at the center.

Great for dark lips

Posted by Reviewer1925619 on Feb 18, 2013

This lip tint adds great colour to my lips which are naturally dark (I am Indian). It moisturizes and conditions without the drying and flaking I experienced from other commercial lip paints and tints. It's also comforting to know that there are no harmful ingredients and that it is safe to apply to a sensitive area.

Nice colours, keeps the lips protected

Posted by Alicia on Aug 03, 2012

This lip tint + shimmer surprised because it moisturizes very well: my lips get dry very easily but when I'm wearing this I don't need to apply my lip balm. If my lips feel dry after a few hours I just apply another layer of the tint or the shimmer. The lip tint colour (Garnet) is very nice: If I apply a single layer I get a soft red/pinkish colour, very discreet. If I want something more striking I apply a second layer. But I prefer the Opal Shimmer for everyday use, going to work etc: Its colour is a very light and bright pink and I only apply a single layer and it looks really good, two layers if I want an extra-moisturizing effect (but if I apply too much it looks a bit white). I'm very pale so this shimmer with its light colour makes a nice contrast with my skin, I think it makes me look somewhat "healthier"!

Absolute best of class!!!!

Posted by Reviewer2463068 on Aug 21, 2010

I have tried all four of Badgers new offerings in the lip tints....LOVE THEM! All the colors are AWESOME, they mix well with each other...they have better staying power than any other lip tints I have ever tried, which include ALL the well known natural brands. THESE ARE THE BEST! I have already sent gift packs of these out to my friends...they love them also! THANK YOU, BADGER BALM AND IHERB!!!

Indispensable lipstick

Posted by Reviewer2188425 on Nov 14, 2011

This is now my go-to lipstick. Nice, natural-looking color, good for the lips.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »