Lifeguard strength

Posted by Reviewer1183442 on Jun 18, 2010

This does go on white, but can be further rubbed in to clear. Zinc is the white ingredient lifeguards have used to protect their noses, and it lasts.

Okay

Posted by Reviewer2329261 on Sep 29, 2010

This goes on smoothly but it is not too moisturizing. The only problem I have with it is the white color on the lips. But, it is the best SPF15 lip balm I have found thus far at a reasonable price so I will continue to use. I put a moisturizing lip balm with no SPF on after the Badger lip balm so it takes away the white color. I am just hoping it is not taking away the protection as well but I don't think it is.

Fine product

Posted by Reviewer2359183 on Jul 31, 2011

It's moisturizing and pretty much unscented. I have found that it minimizes the white trace when you dampen your lips a little before applying the balm, and then rub it in using a finger/lips. It's not that bad really. I love that it's all natural and chemical-free, which is very important for lip balm as it is more often than not ingested.

White Lips

Posted by Reviewer3327032 on Aug 24, 2010

This is the best lipbalm according to the EWG website. I believe it's effective and non toxic, but it makes your mouth white! Better use with lipstick.

Zinc face!

Posted by Reviewer2263816 on Aug 29, 2010

This DOES leave lips with that leaporous-looking zinc film. My husband wasn't expecting that, and was subsequently embarassed when the guy cutting his hair wanted to know what was wrong with his lips - I said, "They are attached to his FACE". Don't know if it'd be good for the beach, mostly because the dog thought it was a treat.

Good lip balm

Posted by Reviewer1774810 on Mar 05, 2012

Not a clear lip balm, but good to know that the sunscreen in it's not harmful. Plus it's easy to see when you need to reapply

Gentle, effective, moisturizing

Posted by ellelisw on Apr 02, 2011

It's not invisible at first, but you can rub it in and cover it with lip color. It's important to protect from sun with natural ingredients, especially lips where the product can get into your mouth. Besides, anything on your skin can enter your bloodstream, too.

love it

Posted by 5007081623592885583 on Aug 13, 2013

excellent ingredients, very moisturizing, gives a pale pink color to the lips after a while.

Finally! A safe lip balm with SPF

Posted by 5171391932345269839 on Aug 15, 2014

Badger never lets me down when it comes to clean sun protection, and this time is no exception. My only advice would be to avoid applying liberally to the lips, as it will look as though you applied white sunscreen and didn't rub it in properly. You only need a little bit (which is better, actually, as the product will last longer and is really a bargain)! I love this lip balm. I already repurchased for my boyfriend.

very white

Posted by Reviewer2946754 on Aug 18, 2010

When I bought this, I was hoping for more of a normal sunscreen chapstick. It went on white and the more sun exposure the lips got, the whiter it got. I tried blending it with my burts bee's chapstick and that did seem to help a little. It did keep my lips from getting burnt, but I wouldn't buy it again.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »