Bionaturae, Organic Strained Tomatoes, No Salt Added, 24 oz (680 g) (Discontinued Item)

Reviews 4-star

My saucy standby!

Posted by Non-GMO on Jun 26, 2012

I love that this is bottled in glass and has no BPA exposure! One ingredient: Organic strained tomatoes. This is very versatile. Soups, bloody Mary drinks, sauces--and not just pizza or marinara, but for Indian masalas as well. It is a great base and liquidy enough to drink as a thick tomato juice if desired--add a bit of salt, cayenne and lemon or water to thin it a bit. I have stopped buying jarred sauces since I've found this. Many jarred sauces--although bottled in glass--contain tomato puree or chopped tomatoes that had previously been canned in BPA-lined cans. The tomatoes in this product have not been previously canned. This is still the tomato product I use most...this and their paste...because of its purity, good taste and value. Recently, I have found two other brands of glass jarred tomato purees. One did have a better taste and thicker chunkier texture, but was significantly more pricey. Great to see BPA-free tomato sources increasing. Bionature's organic strained tomatoes are very smooth and consistent in texture. And don't miss that they are ORGANIC.

good

Posted by Reviewer1147366 on Jan 22, 2015

I like that these aren't in a can so I don't have to worry about the BPA in them and these are organic comes in a big size I will def order again. Though 1 was broken so I hope they can pack better next time..

Healthy and tasty

Posted by 4645729598457948633 on Feb 05, 2015

This a great product to use as a base for homemade spaghetti or chili. Just add the spices you love and simmer. It has no sugar or salt added. So you're really in control of how much or little you add. I would recommend using this for anyone on a low sodium diet or anyone looking to make better choices for their health.