Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Clearly Natural, Pure and Natural Glycerine Soap, Unscented, 3 Bar Pack, 4 oz Each

1 out of 5 based on 2 reviews

Glycerine is not hypoallergenic

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Mar 06, 2014

I was using this soap as a shampoo only but stopped. I've had issues with other glycerine soaps and I've also found ingesting anything containing glycerine causes me to wheeze so I simply need to avoid it as much as possible. Unfortunately, manufacturers never note the source of their glycerine except to say 'vegetable', so it could be ANY 'vege' source. I've also tried Now Foods 'vegetable' glycerine and it did irritate my skin. Additionally, I'm avoiding soaps that contain citrate - like EDTA, is a mild blood thinner/chelating agent - on skin, it's straight into the blood stream. Sodium is a magnesium antagonist, thus sodium citrate may cause sensitive skin to become more sensitive, especially when magnesium is low (low magnesium can cause sensitive skin, as can low vit D). If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Clearly Natural, Pure and Natural Glycerine Soap, Unscented,

Posted by 4727838544458133996 on Dec 06, 2013

The soap is not odorless. It leaves its odor and a chemical residue on hands and body. For those with MCS it is not advised.