• Please note limited shipping months for this item:

• Reviews | English

Arrived completely melted

Posted by PurplePegasus on Feb 10, 2012

I time my iHerb purchases so that my easily perishable stuff doesn't travel in the heat. Unfortunately this order was delayed by 1 day and it traveled when it was 80F here in So Cal weather. Result? My bar arrived completely melted and soft. Not good. I immediately put it in the fridge then took it out after it had solidified. The result? The foil became embedded into the chocolate. The taste is so so, it's not bitter, it seems sweet enough but unimpressive. Something is missing. It tastes more like a 1 star but I'm giving it 3 to compensate for the shipment ruining my chocolate. I definitely won't buy this again unless it's definitely cold outside, unlikely for us until next winter. TIP: when you read negative reviews on iHerb always look at their location and time of year. Unstable items such as organic creams and body care, perishable foods and supplements that are not in tablet form suffer in transit. Just remember: when it's 80F outside, it's well over 100F in the back of a truck. Considering they schlepped my chocolate for hours in the hot sun, I'm lucky it wasn't completely ruined.

Not my thing

Posted by Reviewer2446437 on Oct 20, 2012

Nothing can substitute swiss or german chocolate for me, but I tried :)