Extremely smooth

Posted by 4929416243856968489 on Jan 29, 2014

Stone grinding makes this butter extremely, perfectly smooth - even smoother than I expected and much smoother than almond butter from other manufacturers. It also makes the butter extremely runny. It's still made of hard almonds, though, so the mouthfeel is a little chalky and sticky, and I'm not sure if I prefer it to a coarser grind. One more thing that's unusual is the flavor - it's a quite strong almond flavor, presumably from ground almond skin, with cherry pit notes.

Nice Texture

Posted by 4847022420888488801 on Apr 29, 2014

Nice texture and taste. I like that I don't have to stir it that much to mix the oils back in. Great with green apples and cinnamon.

Really like it!

Posted by 4941169245187003946 on Aug 19, 2014

I like to use this in my smoothies and recently used it to make banana ice cream! I would recommend this product and I will order it again.

Plastic container releases Phthalates

Posted by 5696753077411371470 on Nov 04, 2015

Only when I opened the box I found out that the container is made of PETE which is a kind of plastic that releases Phthalates into the material inside. In case of fatty content (such as this almond butter) this process occurs much faster and you can consume a lot of these chemicals to your body.

Almond Butter, Dastony

Posted by 5111858761933141747 on Sep 02, 2014

Odd consistency - haven't had a nut putter that stays so liquid like not oily just liquid. Taste is great.

Too runny, strange flavor

Posted by 5150057065156380097 on Apr 15, 2015

I can see this Almond Butter is popular with some folks, but I have to be honest... I was very disappointed for three reasons: (1) The taste is odd, not at all like pure, smooth, rich almond butter - it has an aftertaste that I just found to be "odd"; (2) The consistency is far too runny - smooth is one thing; liquidy is quite another and not favorable in a nut butter; (3) Far too high a price for such a small container (especially given #1 and 2).

Odd flavor and consistency. Not as good as other brands

Posted by 5451634919309477945 on Dec 15, 2015

I bought this when my preferred brand was out of stock. It was similar in price but I was really disappointed with the flavor and consistency. Another reviewer hit it on the head when they said the odd flavor had hints of cherry flavor and that is not meant in a good way. Also the consistency is like water with a little clump at the bottom that doesn't mix in. Lastly, there is no seal under the lid. There is a sticker to show that it hasn't been open but i found the lack of a seal really strange. When it arrived some had leaked out of the jar and was all over the box. This was a real disappointment.

Love the taste not the price

Posted by Savvymamasg on Mar 24, 2015

Taste fantastic but took one star away due to price

not my favourite

Posted by Reviewer1609480 on Feb 16, 2014

This almond butter is too smooth and runny for me. Not a favourite.

First time buyer

Posted by 5415859081295908891 on Dec 05, 2015

Delivery was prompt. Received all my items in a week. This almond butter was placed inside a ziplock bag. However the oil from the inside was able to penetrate out. It drenched my other items and soaked up the cardboard carton box. I am shocked that this product do not come with a 'tamper seal' and i could not find any indication of date produced/manufactured.