• Doctor's Best uses exclusively the Tryptopure brand of tryptophan, manufactured by Ajinomoto of Japan.
  • Reviews | English

Great value

Posted by Reviewer1003688 on May 23, 2008

Now only half the tryptophan for the money. They are selling a 50 gram package for the same as the 100 gram used to cost!!!

Tryptophan, a good product

Posted by Reviewer1572086 on Dec 11, 2007

This stuff is really good, and helped me sleep the first couple times I used, it. It seems to have a tolerance level you hit then it doesn't have the same effect, so you really can't rely on it nite after nite to help you sleep. Good stuff to have around though.

Hopeful in Canada

Posted by Reviewer2041739 on Mar 27, 2010

I have only using L-Tryptophan Powder for 2 weeks, so I still looking for it to take long term effect. However I have had a reduction in anxiety and erratic eating.

Best L-Trytophan Powder

Posted by Reviewer2069206 on Apr 03, 2011

I found this product pretty effective for helping to get to sleep.

L-tryptophan

Posted by Reviewer1201926 on Oct 10, 2007

I'm a chronic insomniac and I started taking 2g an hour before bed, on an empty stomach, a week ago. Already, I'm sleeping better and I am no longer struggling through the days, yawning continuously. (my sleep hasn't been perfect, hence the 4 star rating, but maybe I haven't been taking it long enough) Powder is difficult to mix, however it doesn't taste too bad.

knocked me out at night

Posted by Reviewer1893578 on Oct 25, 2007

love it, very relaxing and a great sleep aid.

OK

Posted by Reviewer1094096 on Oct 05, 2008

This seems OK, a bit bitter taste. I have not noticed a great improvement in my sleep, but I also have not been taking it very regularly.

Works well but...

Posted by Reviewer3297256 on Mar 02, 2009

It works well but it's a little bitter so you really need to mix it into apple sauce or something w/similar texture if you don't drink fruit juice. I'm going to put the rest into my capsule maker.