• Doctor's Best uses exclusively the Tryptopure brand of tryptophan, manufactured by Ajinomoto of Japan.
  • Customer Ratings

L-tryptophan

Posted by Reviewer1553905 on Nov 13, 2007

i've been using l'trypt for sleep for years. this is the best quality and value i've found for this product.

Great product

Posted by Reviewer3339382 on Oct 12, 2007

Great product, price. Thankful you have it.

Great Value

Posted by Reviewer1921553 on Jun 08, 2007

This tryptophan powder is an excellent value compared to the capsuled tryptophan supplements available. However, it can become a bit cumbersome to mix the powder with a drink every time you need to take it (but maybe I'm just lazy!). The product itself is great, I trust the Doctor's Best brand as well. When I do take it I am more easy-going during the day (but sometimes I don't because I don't have time to mix it into a drink). After I finish off my current supply I will get the Doctor's Best tryptophan in the capsules for more convenience.

good-night

Posted by Reviewer2939008 on Jul 01, 2010

excellent product for those nights when you need help getting to sleep! Can't beat iHerbs price and speedy delivery!

Made my own capsules, works great.

Posted by Reviewer1087550 on Oct 01, 2009

Produces drowziness and gentle sleep.

Sleep

Posted by francesjoan on Jun 10, 2009

Works great. I use vitamins b6,amino acid lysine, niacin and some sleepy herbals with it. Seems like I dream more. Will reorder often.

L-tryptophan

Posted by Reviewer1633358 on Jun 22, 2009

Good product. Works very well as sleep aid when needed.

Doctor's Best, Best L-Tryptophan Powder, TryptoPure 50 g

Posted by Reviewer3125771 on Aug 06, 2009

This is truely a great supplement for people who need to restore their sleep patterns or just want more restfull sleep. It also helps out with the overall feeling of well-being.

OK

Posted by Reviewer1094096 on Oct 05, 2008

This seems OK, a bit bitter taste. I have not noticed a great improvement in my sleep, but I also have not been taking it very regularly.

Works well but...

Posted by Reviewer3297256 on Mar 02, 2009

It works well but it's a little bitter so you really need to mix it into apple sauce or something w/similar texture if you don't drink fruit juice. I'm going to put the rest into my capsule maker.