• Doctor's Best uses exclusively the Tryptopure brand of tryptophan, manufactured by Ajinomoto of Japan.
  • Reviews | English

good sleep aid

Posted by Reviewer2796695 on Dec 18, 2007

I've had trouble sleeping my whole life, have been on Rx sleep aids a lot and wanted to be free of Rx's, so I am now taking 1000mg of l-tryptophan nightly with 2 valerian, it allows you to relax enough to fall asleep and stay asleep for 5 hours which is more than I've ever gotten without drugs. The best part (after actually being able to sleep) is that there is no sluggishness in the morning as there is with Rx's. I am very happy with this product. There was a 2 week loading dose time period before it became effective, it doesn't dissolve well so I just put it into a small cup and spoon it into my mouth and dissolve it there and drink water after. It's a small inconvenience for being able to sleep.

Good quality product

Posted by Reviewer2913900 on Sep 01, 2011

I am 45 and struggled with insomnia for about a year. I'm fine going to sleep but I wake at about 2am then can't get back to sleep. Prescription meds had horrible side effects but I've found taking 100g of this if I wake, within about 30min I'm out like a light and wake up relaxed and refreshed at 6 or 7am. Well worth a try if you have any insomnia problems. Also, I live in Australia and the product was delivered within about 10 days which is a normal shipping time frame and product was securely packed in a protective box. I would definitely recommend ordering through iHerb.

good-night

Posted by Reviewer2939008 on Jul 01, 2010

excellent product for those nights when you need help getting to sleep! Can't beat iHerbs price and speedy delivery!

Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer3229507 on Dec 27, 2008

This is an excellent product, especially for the proce.

This works the best.

Posted by Reviewer3252107 on Mar 24, 2011

This seems to work better than other Tryptophan products for me.

Doctor's Best, Best L-Tryptophan Powder, TryptoPure 50 g

Posted by Reviewer3125771 on Aug 06, 2009

This is truely a great supplement for people who need to restore their sleep patterns or just want more restfull sleep. It also helps out with the overall feeling of well-being.

Life long insomnia is over!

Posted by Reviewer3105168 on Jan 06, 2012

I've suffered from horrible insomnia my entire life and absolutely nothing has worked so consistently and for an entire 8 hours of sleep even under extreme stress. I do take between 2 and 3 scoops however and I seem to have no problem taking on an empty stomach. Thank you Dr's. Best and iherb!

Great product

Posted by Reviewer3339382 on Oct 12, 2007

Great product, price. Thankful you have it.

Works well but...

Posted by Reviewer3297256 on Mar 02, 2009

It works well but it's a little bitter so you really need to mix it into apple sauce or something w/similar texture if you don't drink fruit juice. I'm going to put the rest into my capsule maker.

knocked me out at night

Posted by Reviewer1893578 on Oct 25, 2007

love it, very relaxing and a great sleep aid.