• Doctor's Best uses exclusively the Tryptopure brand of tryptophan, manufactured by Ajinomoto of Japan.
  • Customer Ratings

Depression

Posted by Reviewer2260549 on Nov 18, 2008

I bought this for my mom for her depression. After lots of research I found this is the best brand. I like the powder vs the capsules because the caps are 500 mg and the powder is a 500 mg scoop but you can use 1/2 the scoop or whatever amount you want to control the dosage. My mom only takes 1/2 a scoop at night and she is really liking it for her depression and improved sleep.

John

Posted by Reviewer2184383 on Oct 29, 2008

I used this several times over the past couple of weeks it seems to calm me down more than make me sleepy.

OK

Posted by Reviewer1094096 on Oct 05, 2008

This seems OK, a bit bitter taste. I have not noticed a great improvement in my sleep, but I also have not been taking it very regularly.

Excellent value

Posted by Reviewer3105907 on Oct 04, 2008

The powder form of tryptophan is more of a value if you use it nightly and need to take more than one dose to fall asleep. I have been using this for the last year and it has totally brought me back to a normal sleep pattern. I wake up feeling rested. Also has me feeling better emotionally. I tried the Now brand of tryptophan but it did not work for me as well as Doctor's best.

L-Tryptophan powder

Posted by Reviewer2681961 on Jul 07, 2008

I highly recommend this form (powder) and product for anyone who uses tryptophan supplements--mood regulation, DEEP restorative sleep, appetite control, etc. Just be sure to have it with glucose (a juice or piece of bread) and not with protein (for 3 hours prior or 30 minutes after taking the tryptopure) in order to increase effectiveness of the serotonin better passing through the blood-brain barrier. (this is true for ALL trypto-supplements) I particularly like this Tryptophan formula and powder form Vs. Hydroxy-tryptophan pills.... This seems more effective. It's inexpensive too!

Doctor's Best, Best L-Tryptophan Power

Posted by Reviewer2065223 on May 23, 2008

The quality of the product is good so far as I can tell. The only draw back is that it doesn't disolve into water very good at all. In order to get the best out of the product, I get a bowl of applesauce and put one scoop in at a time and eat it that way. I will get capsules next time.

Great value

Posted by Reviewer1003688 on May 23, 2008

Now only half the tryptophan for the money. They are selling a 50 gram package for the same as the 100 gram used to cost!!!

not sure I see a difference

Posted by Reviewer1731749 on May 16, 2008

On the occasions I have used it, I have not slept well at all. It might be that I tried it on overly stressful days and my anxiety overrides. I bought it for my son (7) but have not been consistant. It is hard to dissolve, fortunately, it has No taste at all and my son can usually taste anything I try to hide. I was hoping to mix in milk shakes but it suggests not using with Protien...I may try it and see.

Doctor's Best L Trytophan

Posted by Reviewer2528751 on Mar 15, 2008

Perfection, helps to calm me down when combined with L- Theanine

Bait & Switch For Same Quantity On Re-Order

Posted by Reviewer1209046 on Mar 09, 2008

Placed a re-order for this item, but in the 100g size as on all of my previous orders, and received 50g size for same price. Called IHerb "customer service", and was rudely told "that's the price now, or you can send it back". No answer to my polite inquiry, and no explanation. The product is fine, but I'll seek other sources next time.