• Healthy Origins uses exclusively floraFiT (R ) manufactured by Danisco, USA. Positively the best quality in the world.

• Reviews | English

Get your probiotics refrigerated

Posted by NBPT100 on Apr 16, 2013

I am a beliver in probiotics. However poor shelf life can be an issue. Probiotics are not stable for very long at room temperature. If the temperature goes higher there are no guarantees what may be left living. This is no disrespect to iHerb, but I now buy my probiotics from a health food store that keeps them refrigerated or I buy from a vendor that will ship them in ice packs. This was not shipped in Ice. Infact the manufacturer says it is not required. Regardless of that, I keep mine refrigerated. I highly recommend to keep your probiotics refrigerated. Even if it claims to be ok not to do so. Also, look for glass bottle packaging or individually packaged capsules (blister packaging) as this will help with the shelf life. Look for a broad range of strains in any probitic you buy. Seven or more. The Lacto bacteria are for the small intenstine and the Bifo are for the large intestine. You can also take a prebiotic(food for the probiotic) that will help the probiotics thrive. Prebiotics include inulin, FOS, and foods like onions, garlic, bananas and leeks. Also consider NAG. Take your probiotic on an empty stomach with water mixed with bit of lemon or lime. This will help it move through the stomach faster (stomach acid will kill them) and into the intestine where it needs to be. I did use an entire bottle of this product and I found very little benefit from it. Probaly for the reasons I outlined above. If you found this review helpful, kindly visit my iHerb home page by clicking on my handle name above. You will see my other value added reviews. Peace and good health.

Ineffective compared to other brands

Posted by Reviewer2774065 on Jun 24, 2012

Maybe these sat in a hot truck before making it to New Zealand, but these probiotics were completely useless for me, even when taking 3 a day. I tossed these and ordered my (more expensive) preferred brand, which keeps my GI system running smoothly.

Did nothing for me

Posted by Reviewer3072511 on Aug 16, 2012

I bought this twice but did not notice any improvement on regularity, however, today I've had my first tablet of Dr Ohira's probiotics and I went to the toilet 3 hours later!

Not Active when recieved. Total Waste

Posted by Reviewer2089569 on Jul 24, 2015

When I bought these approx. 1 month ago, I was really looking forward to helping the gut, especially when I tend to go heavy with the carbohydrates. But then about 3 days ago, I was reading on how to find out if the good bacteria were active or not in the product ordered. Well, I did the test with warm milk, added 2 capsules in 4 oz. of milk, waited 24 hrs, and then seen there was no changes at all with the milk. No thickness, no lumps, nothing. When this was shipped, it was extremely hot in California, and now I believe this product should of been shipped with dry ice. Its known to be shelf stable, but that's at Room Temperature only. Especially when it was known at IHerb that I live in CA. and in a high desert to boot. It would of went on a USPS truck all day in 100+ heat. Totally destroyed and waste of money.

did nothing for me

Posted by Reviewer2459651 on May 14, 2013

Did nothing for me. on the oppposite, provides bloating and meteorizm :( Will switch to my previous brand. Better your save money. НУ ничего мне не дал - даже наоборот хуже, газы и метеоризм увеличились. Обычно хороший пробиотик убирал все это симптомы вроде Натрола.

Healthy Origins Probiotic

Posted by ivyengland on Oct 27, 2013

Didn't work for me.

doesn't seem to work

Posted by Reviewer2964601 on Sep 03, 2012

this doesn't help with regularity at all!

This product does not work

Posted by Reviewer2423421 on Apr 27, 2010

When I start probiotics I alway order it from the refrigerated section, and without fail, it sends me running to the bathroom the 2nd morning. With this product, I was skeptical knowing the bottle said that it needs no refrigeration, but wanted to try it based on positive reviews. It does absolutely NOTHING. I even tried it on my 3year old son. Nothing, even thought I gave him a lot for his body weight, over several days. I'll be returning this for my money back.

sin resultados