Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Reviews 1-star

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »

Get your probiotics refrigerated

Posted by NBPT100 on Apr 16, 2013

I am a beliver in probiotics. However poor shelf life can be an issue. Probiotics are not stable for very long at room temperature. If the temperature goes higher there are no guarantees what may be left living. This is no disrespect to iHerb, but I now buy my probiotics from a health food store that keeps them refrigerated or I buy from a vendor that will ship them in ice packs. This was not shipped in Ice. Infact the manufacturer says it is not required. Regardless of that, I keep mine refrigerated. I highly recommend to keep your probiotics refrigerated. Even if it claims to be ok not to do so. Also, look for glass bottle packaging or individually packaged capsules (blister packaging) as this will help with the shelf life. Look for a broad range of strains in any probitic you buy. Seven or more. The Lacto bacteria are for the small intenstine and the Bifo are for the large intestine. You can also take a prebiotic(food for the probiotic) that will help the probiotics thrive. Prebiotics include inulin, FOS, and foods like onions, garlic, bananas and leeks. Also consider NAG. Take your probiotic on an empty stomach with water mixed with bit of lemon or lime. This will help it move through the stomach faster (stomach acid will kill them) and into the intestine where it needs to be. I did use an entire bottle of this product and I found very little benefit from it. Probaly for the reasons I outlined above. If you found this review helpful, kindly visit my iHerb home page by clicking on my handle name above. You will see my other value added reviews. Peace and good health.

Ineffective compared to other brands

Posted by Reviewer2774065 on Jun 24, 2012

Maybe these sat in a hot truck before making it to New Zealand, but these probiotics were completely useless for me, even when taking 3 a day. I tossed these and ordered my (more expensive) preferred brand, which keeps my GI system running smoothly.

did nothing for me

Posted by Reviewer2459651 on May 14, 2013

Did nothing for me. on the oppposite, provides bloating and meteorizm :( Will switch to my previous brand. Better your save money. НУ ничего мне не дал - даже наоборот хуже, газы и метеоризм увеличились. Обычно хороший пробиотик убирал все это симптомы вроде Натрола.

Healthy Origins Probiotic

Posted by ivyengland on Oct 27, 2013

Didn't work for me.

Did nothing for me

Posted by Reviewer3072511 on Aug 16, 2012

I bought this twice but did not notice any improvement on regularity, however, today I've had my first tablet of Dr Ohira's probiotics and I went to the toilet 3 hours later!

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »