Quality probiotic so far

Posted by nmbenzo on Mar 24, 2014

First, I would like to begin with the disclaimer that I have only been using this probiotic for about two weeks, so I cannot speak on behalf of the long term efficacy of this probiotic. This said, I began using this product to help eradicate candida symptoms that have been present for over a year; most likely brought about due to my insatiable thirst for really tasty beer and wine. I have tried several other probiotics available through iHerb.com, mostly in the CFU range between four billion to about 15 billion. Although, I did notice some improvement in my digestion using the aforementioned probiotics, I did NOT notice any unequivocal changes in my candida symptoms; they just appeared to be kicking the can down the road and not actually treating the real problem. Not true with this product. After the first three to four days, I had one evening of strong diarrhea and terrible gas for about a week. I was almost ready to give up on the Healthy Origin probiotics because they appeared to be too much for my tender digestive tract, but then I realized that these reactions must be "die-off" symptoms of candida albicans. Hey, this actually could be working?! About one week later, I am experiencing even better digestion and almost zero gas or bloating after meals. I have also noticed better sleep quality and a clearer head. To my wonderful surprise, I believe this probiotic is actually doing what it is supposed to in terms of rebalancing my digestive tract; although, a full review and five star rating is contingent upon longer use. To sum up, so far this probiotic appears to be working well to reduce my candida symptoms and bring a balance to the healthy bacteria in my gut. I use this product along with Saccro B by Jarrow and Vitamineral Green by Healthforce Nutritionals. I have had good experience with both of those products in the past. I am also using a Zeolite product from Healthforce and Bragg's ACV to keep a well oiled system, but that is neither here nor there, as the focus of this review is on Healthy Origins probiotic. Good luck in your journey towards a balanced and well oiled digestive system. Remember, the gut is your second brain!

Ineffective compared to other brands

Posted by Reviewer2774065 on Jun 24, 2012

Maybe these sat in a hot truck before making it to New Zealand, but these probiotics were completely useless for me, even when taking 3 a day. I tossed these and ordered my (more expensive) preferred brand, which keeps my GI system running smoothly.

30 billion CFU's -- that is 25 billion more than 5 billion in Jarrow Formulas, Jarro-Dophilus EPS

Posted by SEEKING-HEALTH on Nov 27, 2014

I am also very happy with the fact that Healthy Origins, Probiotic, 30 Billion CFU's does not contain vitamin C, which kills both bacteria (good and bad) and virus. I appreciate vitamin C's antibiotic effect but I don't want to take both probiotics and antibiotics at the same time. Please visit my Products-With-Reviews page to find out My Favorite Products and my reviews on many other products.

Not Active when recieved. Total Waste

Posted by Reviewer2089569 on Jul 24, 2015

When I bought these approx. 1 month ago, I was really looking forward to helping the gut, especially when I tend to go heavy with the carbohydrates. But then about 3 days ago, I was reading on how to find out if the good bacteria were active or not in the product ordered. Well, I did the test with warm milk, added 2 capsules in 4 oz. of milk, waited 24 hrs, and then seen there was no changes at all with the milk. No thickness, no lumps, nothing. When this was shipped, it was extremely hot in California, and now I believe this product should of been shipped with dry ice. Its known to be shelf stable, but that's at Room Temperature only. Especially when it was known at IHerb that I live in CA. and in a high desert to boot. It would of went on a USPS truck all day in 100+ heat. Totally destroyed and waste of money.

Good for pregnancy symptoms, allergies and future baby's health

Posted by NaturalMum on Mar 02, 2015

After reading that consuming probiotics during pregnancy was shown to reduce the risk of the baby developing allergies I thought I'd give it a go. However the good effects seem to be for mum too! Part and parcel of pregnancy is usually UTI's, constipation and heartburn but I am happy to say I have none of these symptoms so far. This is a relief after particularly suffering with bad heartburn in my last pregnancy. Please click 'yes' if you found this review helpful and click my NaturalMum link above for more reviews on pregnancy/nursing friendly natural beauty products, vitamins and supplements.