| English
| USD ($)

Healthy Origins, Probiotic, 30 Billion CFU's, 60 Vcaps

Ineffective compared to other brands

Posted by Reviewer2774065 on Jun 24, 2012

Maybe these sat in a hot truck before making it to New Zealand, but these probiotics were completely useless for me, even when taking 3 a day. I tossed these and ordered my (more expensive) preferred brand, which keeps my GI system running smoothly.

30 billion CFU's -- that is 25 billion more than 5 billion in Jarrow Formulas, Jarro-Dophilus EPS

Posted by SEEKING-HEALTH on Nov 27, 2014

I am also very happy with the fact that Healthy Origins, Probiotic, 30 Billion CFU's does not contain vitamin C, which kills both bacteria (good and bad) and virus. I appreciate vitamin C's antibiotic effect but I don't want to take both probiotics and antibiotics at the same time. Please visit my Products-With-Reviews page to find out My Favorite Products and my reviews on many other products.

Quality probiotic so far

Posted by nmbenzo on Mar 24, 2014

First, I would like to begin with the disclaimer that I have only been using this probiotic for about two weeks, so I cannot speak on behalf of the long term efficacy of this probiotic. This said, I began using this product to help eradicate candida symptoms that have been present for over a year; most likely brought about due to my insatiable thirst for really tasty beer and wine. I have tried several other probiotics available through iHerb.com, mostly in the CFU range between four billion to about 15 billion. Although, I did notice some improvement in my digestion using the aforementioned probiotics, I did NOT notice any unequivocal changes in my candida symptoms; they just appeared to be kicking the can down the road and not actually treating the real problem. Not true with this product. After the first three to four days, I had one evening of strong diarrhea and terrible gas for about a week. I was almost ready to give up on the Healthy Origin probiotics because they appeared to be too much for my tender digestive tract, but then I realized that these reactions must be "die-off" symptoms of candida albicans. Hey, this actually could be working?! About one week later, I am experiencing even better digestion and almost zero gas or bloating after meals. I have also noticed better sleep quality and a clearer head. To my wonderful surprise, I believe this probiotic is actually doing what it is supposed to in terms of rebalancing my digestive tract; although, a full review and five star rating is contingent upon longer use. To sum up, so far this probiotic appears to be working well to reduce my candida symptoms and bring a balance to the healthy bacteria in my gut. I use this product along with Saccro B by Jarrow and Vitamineral Green by Healthforce Nutritionals. I have had good experience with both of those products in the past. I am also using a Zeolite product from Healthforce and Bragg's ACV to keep a well oiled system, but that is neither here nor there, as the focus of this review is on Healthy Origins probiotic. Good luck in your journey towards a balanced and well oiled digestive system. Remember, the gut is your second brain!

virker

Posted by 5106584104797104015 on Dec 12, 2012

har vert plaget med magen/tarm. Probiotic virket etter noen få dager og magen er nå god normal. har lagt inn ny bestilling og kommer til å bruke disse fremover.

Digestion problems solved.

Posted by Reviewer1517063 on Nov 10, 2011

I have suffered from constipation for many years but since taking this product I don't have to use anything else to keep things moving. It makes me a bit windy but it's a small price to pay for the relief it gives. Not having to refrigerate it is an added bonus & iHerb gets top marks for service & value for money.