Tasty Brown Rice Protein Powder

Posted by Reviewer1613170 on Apr 25, 2009

I got the Jarrow brown rice protein powder to use during a detox program. As a vegan, I will continue to use it. Found I really liked it. I mix it with rice 'milk.' It is palatable and mixes well and it doesn't leave a weird aftertaste. I highly recommend the Sundesa Blender Bottle with Blender Ball which iHerb also sells. It's great to thoroughly blend any powder formula and is convenient for travel so you can take your protein powder with you.

Jarrow Formulas, Brown Rice Protein

Posted by Reviewer1426910 on Jun 04, 2008

I really like the texture and flavor. It is a nice protein substitute without added sugars and carbs.

rice protein

Posted by Reviewer1535298 on Feb 20, 2011

I love this rice protein for shakes and making pancakes. It's a great replacement to flour for gluten free diets.

Nice taste

Posted by Reviewer1739184 on Dec 20, 2012

Tastes like Sun warrior rice protein, but it's much cheaper. Great source of protein, no sugar added, blends well into water.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer2285433 on May 15, 2008

This product is what it claims to be--an easily digestible protein powder. No unpleasant after effects. The reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 stars is because to me, it leaves a slightly chalky taste. It's an excellent value for the price.

Great energy!

Posted by Reviewer1034440 on Apr 25, 2009

Love this stuff. Got some friends started on it at work too. I used to get so sleepy in afternoon each day. But not any more since I sprinkle 1 tablespoon of this on by breakfast and supper each day. thanks

decent, but not great taste

Posted by Reviewer1642230 on Jul 17, 2008

was looking for an alternative to soy and whey. doesnt taste good but i've had worse. VERY chalky aftertaste, kinda hold my nose while i chug it down. i mix with water and stevia so it may taste better in a smoothie or mixed with milk or juice. i will not buy again without trying many more brands and types of protein. is vegan.

Brown Rice Protein

Posted by Reviewer2819736 on May 05, 2008

I'm not too sure about this product...it doesn't mix with anything cold. It does better with liquids that have been warmed but still has a lot of lumps. I don't particularly care for the flavor either. But that could be true of any protein drink I guess. I like that it's a protein powder from rice though so I buy it for that reason...

You get what you pay for...

Posted by Reviewer3268699 on Jul 21, 2008

I thought I would give this product a shot. It's a bit difficult to work with. Very gloopy, and has a refreshing cardboard taste. Probably best as an ingredient in a shake, but not much more.

Chalky, does not mix well, unpleasant taste.

Posted by Reviewer2536731 on Oct 16, 2008

I could not get this to blend with anything cold. I had to shake it up a lot and then drink it really fast before it settled. I also found the taste to be very strong and unpleasant even in a smoothie. I have never purchased protein before so maybe they all taste bad and this is better than others, I don't have anything to compare it to. Hopefully I will find other things to mix it with so I can actually stand to drink it and it won't go to waste.