• This item has been discontinued and replaced by JAL-00892.

Similar glass tea infusers are sold for $15.95 elsewhere!

• Reviews | English

Elegant looking and easy to use

Posted by NBPT100 on Jun 27, 2013

I like this tea infuser/cup overall but I will only use it for limited situations. On the plus side this tea cup is very elegant looking and is easy to use and clean. I like the fact that it has a cover to hold in the heat or for when you want to store an unfinished cup for another time. People in previous reviews have complained about the glass being too thin. I will say it is thinner than most glass tea/coffe cups. But, It is not a very big conern to me. If the glass is tempered properly it should be tough enough. Time will tell if this holds to be true. On the other hand being thin and light, it does not sink as much heat out of the hot water as a heaveier cup would. The way this is designed, the tea is infused inside the strainer where it is insulated by a thin layer of hot water surrounding it. It is actually pretty clever. When I make tea with bulk product, I usually make a quart at a time and I use a Mason (ball) jar for the infusion part of it. Especially if it is for medicinal purposes. I will use this tea infuser/cup for a quick and easy cup of tea used for mostly enjoyment. If you can get this tea infuser/cup for around 7 dollars or less, get a couple. Otherwise wait for them to go on sale. Thanks iHerb for your Weekly Specials so I could get this for $2.95. If you found this review helpful, kindly visit my home page to see more reviews. Peace and good health.

Genial/amazing

Posted by LivKarinNorway on Jan 19, 2013

I do like this very much. Makes terrific teas, simple and elegant.

Very nice cup!

Posted by 5362083128660165072 on Feb 05, 2013

Is nice to drink out this thin glasscup.

love the way it works

Posted by Reviewer1616575 on Feb 05, 2013

this is a perfect infuser for a cup of loose leaf tea. easy to use. feels a little fragile but that's cause it's glass. i guess, it could be a little thicker which would make it feel sturdier.

Love it but fragile.

Posted by Reviewer2221911 on Mar 05, 2013

I am really liking this tea strainer. I buy tea in bulk at the local health food store and have a bunch of small plastic bags with different teas. It was a pain trying to scoop out tea with typical tea strainers, plus it was hard to get enough tea in the little ball (I like my tea strong). This works great. Can put as much tea in as I want, can easily strain things like sliced ginger, and has a lid to keep it warm. Only problem is the glass is thin and fragile. It has to be handled delicately. I'm glad I spent only $2.95 for it, as it very possibly could break.

Very Good

Posted by BestOrNothing on Nov 14, 2013

Very Good

Love this!

Posted by 4916536106159300663 on Oct 01, 2013

I love being able to use loose tea leaves without having to brew a whole pot all the time!

tea infuser

Posted by Reviewer2290678 on Oct 05, 2013

I like the idea of this, but does not work very well for loose tea, the strainer gets clogged easily.

perfect for just one cup

Posted by 5684063029340383306 on Oct 07, 2013

most of the time drinks a full teapot by myself, I havn´t used it that much. But it do look good on the shelf.

I love it