• This item has been discontinued and replaced by JAL-00892.

Similar glass tea infusers are sold for $15.95 elsewhere!

• Reviews | English

Elegant looking and easy to use

Posted by NBPT100 on Jun 27, 2013

I like this tea infuser/cup overall but I will only use it for limited situations. On the plus side this tea cup is very elegant looking and is easy to use and clean. I like the fact that it has a cover to hold in the heat or for when you want to store an unfinished cup for another time. People in previous reviews have complained about the glass being too thin. I will say it is thinner than most glass tea/coffe cups. But, It is not a very big conern to me. If the glass is tempered properly it should be tough enough. Time will tell if this holds to be true. On the other hand being thin and light, it does not sink as much heat out of the hot water as a heaveier cup would. The way this is designed, the tea is infused inside the strainer where it is insulated by a thin layer of hot water surrounding it. It is actually pretty clever. When I make tea with bulk product, I usually make a quart at a time and I use a Mason (ball) jar for the infusion part of it. Especially if it is for medicinal purposes. I will use this tea infuser/cup for a quick and easy cup of tea used for mostly enjoyment. If you can get this tea infuser/cup for around 7 dollars or less, get a couple. Otherwise wait for them to go on sale. Thanks iHerb for your Weekly Specials so I could get this for $2.95. If you found this review helpful, kindly visit my home page to see more reviews. Peace and good health.

Genial/amazing

Posted by LivKarinNorway on Jan 19, 2013

I do like this very much. Makes terrific teas, simple and elegant.

Very nice cup!

Posted by 5362083128660165072 on Feb 05, 2013

Is nice to drink out this thin glasscup.

love the way it works

Posted by Reviewer1616575 on Feb 05, 2013

this is a perfect infuser for a cup of loose leaf tea. easy to use. feels a little fragile but that's cause it's glass. i guess, it could be a little thicker which would make it feel sturdier.

Love it but fragile.

Posted by Reviewer2221911 on Mar 05, 2013

I am really liking this tea strainer. I buy tea in bulk at the local health food store and have a bunch of small plastic bags with different teas. It was a pain trying to scoop out tea with typical tea strainers, plus it was hard to get enough tea in the little ball (I like my tea strong). This works great. Can put as much tea in as I want, can easily strain things like sliced ginger, and has a lid to keep it warm. Only problem is the glass is thin and fragile. It has to be handled delicately. I'm glad I spent only $2.95 for it, as it very possibly could break.

good!!

Posted by Reviewer3283819 on Mar 16, 2013

good product, but glass is fragile so be careful when using.

Just a Leaf Tea Infuser

Posted by Reviewer2358588 on May 05, 2013

I really like this tea infuser thing: it's not extremely durable, maybe, but I'm careful with it and so far it's been fine. (4 out of 5 stars, due to it being lightweight and fragile). I notice it works great with some coarser tea, (Jiagulana/Gynostemma), but for fine blends of herb tea, the little slits can get clogged, so you have to use a spoon to stir it up, to clear the slits to allow the tea to percolate. I also find the top strainer part can be put in some other tea or coffee cups or mugs, which is very convenient and nice. For the price of $6.95, it's an excellent value.

I Enjoy This Cup

Posted by Aloha-Health on Apr 22, 2013

I really enjoy this cup. It's super convenient to steep single servings of loose tea and bagged herbal teas. The slots in the glass did get jammed up with yerba mate, but it has otherwise performed great with other loose teas. I lived in China for awhile and was told it's best to drink green tea from glass. I feel happy I'm finally doing that with this cup! One of these cups is not enough!

Just a nice tea mug

Posted by 4993152435481148289 on Jul 29, 2013

Perfect for the organic tea with the infuser.

Very occasional tea drinker

Posted by Reviewer1872953 on Aug 06, 2013

Cute, functional, but very delicate