Great product

Posted by 4677167626442532947 on May 08, 2015

Took 1 pill MINUIM FLUSH feel great.

good flush, real B3.

Posted by Reviewer2420667 on Aug 10, 2010

You get a really nice flush with these. After >1month still flush w/500mg/day. Good to manage cholesterol. Watch your liver if taking >1500mg/day.

Pure perfection

Posted by klinacz on Jan 27, 2015

I love Life Extension's products because of its purity. This supplement contains nothing but pure Niacin, gelatin and vegetable stearate. The flush is strong and nice. I am not experiencing flush any more as I did at the beginning. I would recommend to start with lower doses like 50-100 mg and drinking a lot of water if ones are vulnerable to flush effects. However I liked it when I was getting flush, the feeling was okay, sometimes itchy, I knew that it works at least. I just want say to not get discouraged by side effects, you can avoid it or weaken it. Your body will get used to it. Also 500 mg seems to be a lot so I may decrease dose to 250 or 100 mg after this container. High doses of Niacin may affect your liver functioning. Consult it with your doctor if you have any liver impairments.

Ronald Osborne´s Life Extension Vitamin B3 Niacin 500 mg Review

Posted by RonaldOsborne on Oct 27, 2012

Great alternative to the brand I usually use I ran out of niacin and my skin was beginning to suffer with Eczema again. Life Extension Vitamin B3 is every bit as good as my usual brand. When buying niacin. This product is strictly B3 and it will make you flush, but that is a normal side effect and if you take in in small doses and build up to the correct dosage the side effects do eventually go away. I recommend this product to anyone who needs to take a Niacin supplement, is definately the best I have used.

Good Niacin.

Posted by Reviewer1578830 on Aug 11, 2012

Definitely have a flush with these which is supposed to be a sign of it working. However the flush seems to be rather delayed in onset. Sometimes even hours later, sometimes no flush at all which makes me wonder if it is a result of the combination of other supplements taken at the same time or just some are dud.

Vitamin B3

Posted by Reviewer2183128 on Apr 04, 2011

Just be prepared for the Niacin Flush. The first couple of weeks of taking this I got a good healthy flush out of this every time. Problem is I did not know that B3 did this to a person. Turns out it is a very good thing. You should at least research "Niacin Flush" before you take it so you are not surprised or think you are having an allergic reaction. I am sure that a person might also look to see if it has any bad side effects, but I found nothing only good remarks about how wonderful it is for your health. I recommend this product.

Take With Caution

Posted by Krisinsight on Jan 23, 2015

I received my iherb order yesterday and decided to try the Niacin from Life Extension I had ordered. I wisely dumped half of the capsule out before popping it in my mouth because I have experienced Niacin flushes before. Nothing happened for about 30 minutes. Since I was feeling okay I then had a cup of hot herbal tea. The flush came on with a bang starting with my face, my neck, my arms and then legs. Then my heart started beating rapidly and my tongue felt slightly swollen and my mouth dried out. I had the most severe chills (due to heat in my body from the flush) I have ever experienced but I knew I needed to drink water to flush the flush, so with shaking hands I drank water and lots of it. I think about two hours later it was over. I started researching the dose of 500 mg. On every site I went to 250 mg was considered a high dose and possibly an overdose. Now I wonder why almost everyone in the reviews think that 500 mg is a good dose to take and I see that LE sells a 1000 mg dose capsule as well. My conclusion: Taking a high dose Niacin is not for me (perhaps the fact that I take thyroid meds accentuate the flush and chills). If I take it again I will not follow up with hot tea and I will only take a very small portion of the capsule.

Life Extension, Vitamin B3 Niacin, 500 mg, 100 Capsules

Posted by Reviewer2485668 on Oct 24, 2012

Life Extension, Vitamin B3 Niacin, 500 mg, 100 Capsules

Rash

Posted by debraananda on Jul 26, 2011

The first 3 times I took this product I produced a really bad rash, I was very red and hot all over, the fourth was a little better, but I have not taken it since

Holy flush

Posted by Reviewer1972599 on Oct 31, 2012

I have never had a flush before but this was HORRIBLE. I stuck it out for about a week and then stopped. Shouldve stuck it out for longer as apparently it takes a couple of weeks to stop. I did feel quite good otherwise though.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »