Happy Customer

Posted by Reviewer2152745 on Apr 23, 2011

Nice product. The indigo works for me maybe because I don't follow the instruction exactly. If you have black asian hair and you want to color the grey, you can use the following technique. I use water (not hot water) from the tap to mix with the henna. I leave the henna mixture sit in a plastic bowl covered with cling wrap for about 3 hours. Having applied the henna to my hair, I sit in a warm room for 3 hours before rinsing it off. The Indigo is ready to use as soon as you mix it. I mix the indigo with the tap water and then I apply it immediately to my hair. I sit in a warm room for about 1 hour before rinsing the indigo off. I refrain from washing my hair with my shampoo for the first day. This two step process should color the grey and make it invisible. Remember applying henna and indigo is like painting a picture, the color will get stronger with each application.

Best Henna out there!

Posted by Reviewer3326132 on Jun 04, 2011

I've tried all the hennas and this is the best one. It lasts minimum 6 weeks, has very natural color and covers my gray. In fact my grays turn into reddish/golden highlights! Eventhough its messy, time-consuming and stinks like creamed spinach, the end results are excellent! Just add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to counteract the smell. It appears that "old" henna is "grainy/sandy" when you apply it. The "fresher" ones are creamy in texture. The color is darker at first until after 1-2 shampoos/days later, then the color is awesome! ALSO, ITS IMPORTANT TO NOT LET MINERALS/METALS COME IN CONTACT WITH HENNA DURING PROCESSING OR ELSE YOUR HAIR WILL TURN GREEN!

Great product

Posted by 4754173326834732765 on Jul 14, 2013

I have thick black curly hair and greys and I am allergic to PPD and TDS. I have used this product 5 - 6 times now and I am very happy with it. It is a time consuming process (7 hours from start to finish including washing hair, application and cleaning)but it works and it is good for your hair and the more you use it the better and more efficient you get :) and it is not that messy! I mix the henna with distilled water a night before (leave it over night) and use it in the morning and leave it for 3 hours. I leave the indigo for 2-2.5 hours and because I have very thick hair I add a pinch of salt to the indigo mix (I read this helps if you have dye resistant hair). The result is very dark black (on non grey hair) and a dark brownish colour on grey hair. Don't be scared to use this, the first time might be a little hard (was very messy for me) but trust me you will get better :)

I Like This Product!

Posted by DemureAngel on Jun 24, 2013

Since I have used a henna product before, I was not surprised in how to apply it. It did a fine job of covering my gray hairs. But what I am more pleased about is the fact that it is organic, and VERY reasonably priced. I am very satisfied and will continue to use this product again.

Great Natural Hair color alternaive

Posted by health4life on Mar 02, 2015

I've used this product for over 3 years now. It definitely gets the job done in covering those pesky grays. The henna is very well sifted and rinses out easy with just water. However, the indigo(step 2) is not as finely sifted and thus requires a conditioner of some sort to help rinse it out. Both the henna and indigo worked well in coloring the hair. However, I was not able to get the black color, more of a reddish brown. I think I didn't leave the indigo on my hair long enough. The beauty of this natural 2 step process is you can mix and match until you get the color you desire. Overall, great product at a great price, and I highly recommend it!

This henna is fairly good...

Posted by Reviewer2731139 on Nov 05, 2010

I use it all the time. It washes out fast, but I like the initial color and the faded color too. For best results, mix both stages (separately) when you start and let them sit for an hour. Then they have a chance to really set-up.

LOVE MY HAIR''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Posted by Reviewer3145788 on Mar 22, 2008

great product.thanks again .service is great""""""""

Light Mountain

Posted by Reviewer1330205 on Sep 06, 2008

This hair Color is ideal for the people who are alergic to chemicals. The one I got had been named as "Black" but it was not exactly black. I got deep blue color. Some times the reason might be the insufficient standing time before washing.

not user friendly

Posted by Reviewer3066438 on Dec 17, 2010

step 2 is an unfortunate mess...the powder is not finley ground and does not incorporate well into a paste that distributes evenly. Results were not remarkable. I was washing indigo grit from my hair for quite some time.

Review light mountain colour the grey

Posted by Reviewer1130991 on May 12, 2011

I'm afraid I had an allergic reaction when I carried out the sensitivity test. I am allergic to PPD and was sure I would be able to use this product. I am so disappointed as I can't find any product without PPD except henna which doesn't colour the grey! Please help! Caroline McMahon

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »