Madre Labs, Madre-C, Whole-Food Vitamin C Complex, 6.35 oz (180 g)

Healthful uses of Madre C

Posted by The3Treasures on Apr 12, 2013

I credit Madre C w/ helping me through the flu season without incident of flu. I'm an acupuncturist and am exposed to many people and I'm in close contact. A few of my clients have had a cold or flu and I have been fine. I use Madre C in creative ways using my understanding of foods and beverages and the healthful nourishment that they provide. For example, Rooibos tea is said to be the drink with the most antioxidants. Vitamin C has a synergistic relationship with antioxidants, increasing their absorbability. So, I steep rooibos tea, in my crockpot on low for several hours. I allow the rooibos to cool, add a scoop of my Madre C to about 12 ounces of it with some agave nectar and I have a delicious youth-giving health tonic that might help me leap tall buildings in a single bound (more easily, if I had the ability to do so). I also steep dried orange peel (mandarin, organic of course), cloves, cinnamon sticks, and allspice (all mild to moderate anti-microbials) in a crockpot. I don't worry about measuring anything. I let this mixture cool (or I drink it warm). When cool, I add Madre C for a designer ant-imicrobial and immune boosting delicious tonic. I mix agave nectar in booth drinks. So we can design for youthfulness and plan for our health ourselves using Madre C or other Madre Lab products as a base. Find delicious ways to live better.

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Vitamin C is a well known antioxidant that is known to reduce high blood pressure, help protect from the cardiovascular diseases, hypertension, stroke, prevent cancer, kidney stones, boost immune system, helps to detox by binding to heavy metals, pro moting healings in cells, support good bacteria while destroying bad bacteria, protect from environmental toxins, osteoporosis, support collagen in maintaining healthy skin and many others! Vitamin C has over 80 years of research, over thousand studies and a very safe record even if taken at high doses. What is best about this product it consists of natural Vitamin C and its co factors, Natural Vitamin C complex are known to work in synergy with bioactivity up 10-30 times more than isolated Vitamin C! In addition, its co factors like rutin, bioflavonoids come with its set of their own benefits as well! As for the taste, it is bitter and best to mix with sweeter stuff. The product consists of either organic (no pesticides) or wild crafted (more nutrition than farm-based) which is a plus factor. The downside is that they use silica in their product as a flow agent and the powder does not dissolve well enough. It is also more pricey per mg as compared to other natural vitamin C products. Check out my page for more reviews!

Wonderful Cs

Posted by Reviewer3060686 on Feb 17, 2012

Great stuff- top quality vitamin C powder. So much better than artificial ascorbic acid. Will recommend. And the price is good too! Update: This has become my absolute favorite source of (supplement) vitamin C, I've lost track of how many batches I've been trough so far. Highly recommended!

Now contains MALTODEXTRIN!

Posted by Reviewer1365013 on Jun 08, 2014

This product used to be a fantastic whole-food C powder, but recently the manufacturers secretly added Maltodextrin, which is as bad (or even worse) than white sugar!

First Vit C I could feel energize me

Posted by HolisticDad on Apr 30, 2010

My husband and I both study holistic medicine, and he has been reading on the incredible benefits of powdered vit C, esp in high dosages. We bought one variety from NOW foods, and when I took it, i did not feel a difference in energy or health. The second I took 1 gram/ 2 scoops of Madre labs variety, I felt the difference. I am very impressed with where the C is derrived from, amla and acerloa, mega power foods. I recc buying this as well as Life Extension buffered Vit C powder for mega immune boosting benefits. We are now using both.