• Please Visit Madre-C.com for more information.

• Reviews | English

Now contains MALTODEXTRIN!

Posted by Reviewer1365013 on Jun 08, 2014

This product used to be a fantastic whole-food C powder, but recently the manufacturers secretly added Maltodextrin, which is as bad (or even worse) than white sugar!

AVOID - Now contains MALTODEXTRIN

Posted by Reviewer2203486 on Jun 17, 2015

This product has gone from great to one that should be avoided. I loved this product and I could always feel its beneficial effects. I didn't even notice the change on the labeling so I continued using it, but I started having strange gastrointestinal issues that couldn't be attribute to anything else; upon investigation I discovered that Madre Labs are now using MALTODEXTRIN as a carrier for the Camu Camu and Acerola Berry extracts. They used to use Manioc Root before. Needless to say I was extremely disappointed as I used to trust Madre Labs. I stopped using this and my gastrointestinal symptoms resolved immediately. Unfortunately I will have to look for an alternative product; I am disappointed to say the least.

They screwed it up

Posted by Reviewer2543011 on Jun 02, 2015

This used to be my regular supplement. I wouldn’t go a day without it. No flu, no cold of any kind. But they screwed it up. Instead of the plant powder, they now add some dehydrated dried up puree. It no longer has the same effect and it tastes horrible. I now buy the camu camu powder and rose hips powder by itself and mix my own plant based vitamin C.

Not the same any longer

Posted by 4634823745968750819 on Jun 22, 2016

I have used this vit C for so many years and it has always worked so well because it was so pure and the taste was quite refreshing. When my last bottle finished, i looked forward to opening my new bottle. The powder colour was different as it is darker in orange now but I didn't think much of it. Then I gave it to my kids to take and they spat it out when they have always liked the taste before. I got angry with them for suddenly becoming so fussy. So I took it and I could taste rice. I read the label and found it has now other ingredients like maltodextrin and rice concentrate which were not part of the ingredients before. Also, the camu camu is NO MORE wildcrafted NOR an extract any longer. It is also NOT the first ingredient in the list anymore. So goodbye forever to Madre Labs C Complex!

Used to buy by the case but maltodextein means I cannot have

Posted by Reviewer1055187 on Sep 26, 2015

I'm really sad to see my favorite vitamin C supplement now has maltodextein - I cannot buy it anymore as I will not put this in my body daily. I also have SIBO and it is not something I can tolerate. Really too bad as it was the only one I trusted but now the search continues - if anyone has another option like the old formula with no fillers please add it here as a comment thanks!

MALTODEXTRIN WARNING !!!

Posted by Choimin on Jun 17, 2016

This product does contain Maltodextrin. Gee iHerb hasn't upgraded those details. They used to use manioc root I believe and now on their official site it said maltodextrin from rice and non-GMO. It's a kind of sugar that has higher GI reading than normal sugar, but in such small amount it won't cause much trouble unless you're diabetic or allergic with it. I myself don't have much of problem with this substance, but if you do please avoid this. hope this helped.

maltodextrin not listed on site

Posted by 4844891731003692326 on Apr 27, 2016

the website does not have the full ingredients listed. maltodextrin is added to this product

Was a great product until they changed the ingredients list

Posted by 5218793069812610982 on Aug 21, 2014

I have gone through 5 tubs of this, but I will not be repurchasing due to the change of ingredients

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Vitamin C is a well known antioxidant that is known to reduce high blood pressure, help protect from the cardiovascular diseases, hypertension, stroke, prevent cancer, kidney stones, boost immune system, helps to detox by binding to heavy metals, pro moting healings in cells, support good bacteria while destroying bad bacteria, protect from environmental toxins, osteoporosis, support collagen in maintaining healthy skin and many others! Vitamin C has over 80 years of research, over thousand studies and a very safe record even if taken at high doses. What is best about this product it consists of natural Vitamin C and its co factors, Natural Vitamin C complex are known to work in synergy with bioactivity up 10-30 times more than isolated Vitamin C! In addition, its co factors like rutin, bioflavonoids come with its set of their own benefits as well! As for the taste, it is bitter and best to mix with sweeter stuff. The product consists of either organic (no pesticides) or wild crafted (more nutrition than farm-based) which is a plus factor. The downside is that they use silica in their product as a flow agent and the powder does not dissolve well enough. It is also more pricey per mg as compared to other natural vitamin C products. Check out my page for more reviews!

Product contains maltodextrin!

Posted by RajatKiinni on May 20, 2016

I would recommend to avoid this product because it contains maltodextrin.