• Please Visit Madre-C.com for more information.

• Customer Ratings

Now contains MALTODEXTRIN!

Posted by Reviewer1365013 on Jun 08, 2014

This product used to be a fantastic whole-food C powder, but recently the manufacturers secretly added Maltodextrin, which is as bad (or even worse) than white sugar!

AVOID - Now contains MALTODEXTRIN

Posted by Reviewer2203486 on Jun 17, 2015

This product has gone from great to one that should be avoided. I loved this product and I could always feel its beneficial effects. I didn't even notice the change on the labeling so I continued using it, but I started having strange gastrointestinal issues that couldn't be attribute to anything else; upon investigation I discovered that Madre Labs are now using MALTODEXTRIN as a carrier for the Camu Camu and Acerola Berry extracts. They used to use Manioc Root before. Needless to say I was extremely disappointed as I used to trust Madre Labs. I stopped using this and my gastrointestinal symptoms resolved immediately. Unfortunately I will have to look for an alternative product; I am disappointed to say the least.

They screwed it up

Posted by Reviewer2543011 on Jun 02, 2015

This used to be my regular supplement. I wouldn’t go a day without it. No flu, no cold of any kind. But they screwed it up. Instead of the plant powder, they now add some dehydrated dried up puree. It no longer has the same effect and it tastes horrible. I now buy the camu camu powder and rose hips powder by itself and mix my own plant based vitamin C.

Healthful uses of Madre C

Posted by The3Treasures on Apr 12, 2013

I credit Madre C w/ helping me through the flu season without incident of flu. I'm an acupuncturist and am exposed to many people and I'm in close contact. A few of my clients have had a cold or flu and I have been fine. I use Madre C in creative ways using my understanding of foods and beverages and the healthful nourishment that they provide. For example, Rooibos tea is said to be the drink with the most antioxidants. Vitamin C has a synergistic relationship with antioxidants, increasing their absorbability. So, I steep rooibos tea, in my crockpot on low for several hours. I allow the rooibos to cool, add a scoop of my Madre C to about 12 ounces of it with some agave nectar and I have a delicious youth-giving health tonic that might help me leap tall buildings in a single bound (more easily, if I had the ability to do so). I also steep dried orange peel (mandarin, organic of course), cloves, cinnamon sticks, and allspice (all mild to moderate anti-microbials) in a crockpot. I don't worry about measuring anything. I let this mixture cool (or I drink it warm). When cool, I add Madre C for a designer ant-imicrobial and immune boosting delicious tonic. I mix agave nectar in booth drinks. So we can design for youthfulness and plan for our health ourselves using Madre C or other Madre Lab products as a base. Find delicious ways to live better.

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Vitamin C is a well known antioxidant that is known to reduce high blood pressure, help protect from the cardiovascular diseases, hypertension, stroke, prevent cancer, kidney stones, boost immune system, helps to detox by binding to heavy metals, pro moting healings in cells, support good bacteria while destroying bad bacteria, protect from environmental toxins, osteoporosis, support collagen in maintaining healthy skin and many others! Vitamin C has over 80 years of research, over thousand studies and a very safe record even if taken at high doses. What is best about this product it consists of natural Vitamin C and its co factors, Natural Vitamin C complex are known to work in synergy with bioactivity up 10-30 times more than isolated Vitamin C! In addition, its co factors like rutin, bioflavonoids come with its set of their own benefits as well! As for the taste, it is bitter and best to mix with sweeter stuff. The product consists of either organic (no pesticides) or wild crafted (more nutrition than farm-based) which is a plus factor. The downside is that they use silica in their product as a flow agent and the powder does not dissolve well enough. It is also more pricey per mg as compared to other natural vitamin C products. Check out my page for more reviews!

Used to buy by the case but maltodextein means I cannot have

Posted by Reviewer1055187 on Sep 26, 2015

I'm really sad to see my favorite vitamin C supplement now has maltodextein - I cannot buy it anymore as I will not put this in my body daily. I also have SIBO and it is not something I can tolerate. Really too bad as it was the only one I trusted but now the search continues - if anyone has another option like the old formula with no fillers please add it here as a comment thanks!

Wonderful Cs

Posted by Reviewer3060686 on Feb 17, 2012

Great stuff- top quality vitamin C powder. So much better than artificial ascorbic acid. Will recommend. And the price is good too! Update: This has become my absolute favorite source of (supplement) vitamin C, I've lost track of how many batches I've been trough so far. Highly recommended!

Wholefood C complex

Posted by SEEKING-HEALTH on Nov 11, 2014

Real vitamins are the living ones derived from whole foods and that are maintained in their natural states. These contain the necessary cofactors and enzymes which help the body to process and use them, and they provide the most benefit to the body. On Products-With-Reviews page, I have more reviews of other products I have bought and used.

Was a great product until they changed the ingredients list

Posted by 5218793069812610982 on Aug 21, 2014

I have gone through 5 tubs of this, but I will not be repurchasing due to the change of ingredients

Madre-C - excelent & natural

Posted by Springtime on Jun 23, 2013

Madre-C is a unique 100% natural whole-food vitamin C complex. Everyone in my family takes it as a general tonic. We love this product! Tastes really good. Vitamin C involved in many body functions, including formation of collagen, the immune system, wound healing and the maintenance of cartilage, bones and teeth. Vitamin C may reduce cardiovascular disease, eye disease, skin aging... I highly recommend this great natural product!Thanks.