The best out there

Posted by Reviewer1676871 on May 16, 2007

I've been in the health food industry for 14 years and a professional herbalist for 12. This particular product, and I have tested a plethora of them, is by far the best there is. I take it myself for stress relief, and I regularly recommend it for anxiety, SAD, chronic pain, IBS, and now I've got my dog and my neighbor's dog on it with turmeric for arthritis and hip dysplasia pain; all of that with success.

Mood booster

Posted by Reviewer3217626 on Apr 02, 2007

I added this (as directed) to my usual regimen of omega-3 supplement and multi and have noticed a definite improvement in mood after a week or two. I've been taking it regularly for several months now and it seems to be working even better. Zoloft's effects wear off over time and SSRIs can increase GI bleeding (especially when taken with NSAIDs). So the fact that Holy Basil's anti-inflammatory is an added bonus--it seems to do the work of both SSRI and NSAID, but without the nasty side effects.

Great for stress

Posted by Reviewer1026429 on Oct 10, 2008

My doctor (MD) an integrative health specialist recommended Holy Basil coupled with breathing exercises, yoga, and a diet change to help with anxiety and mild depression. I had been on a prescription SSRI (50 mg dose/SID) that made me feel bloated, kept the weight on even though I exercised regularly, and didn't allow me to feel any emotions at all. I desperately wanted to control my mild depression, anxiety, and start feeling better and healthier overall without the use of prescription meds. Switching to Holy Basil has worked very well for me. Of course supplements for anxiety and/or depression are not for everyone and please-definitely DO NOT quit a prescription medication (especially for depression) without first consulting with your doctor.

Great deal for a great product!

Posted by Reviewer1183265 on Oct 07, 2008

I've used Holy Basil for years and love how it helps regulate my moods. iHerb had it for practically half the price of stores in my area - love it!

A Must!

Posted by Reviewer2186445 on Nov 24, 2007

New Chapter's Holy Basil safes my life every day anew! The best stress reducer there is!

Part of my arsenal for Depression and Anxiety.

Posted by Reviewer3191602 on May 01, 2008

Holy Basil does wonders for calm and mood. I use it to supplement my day as needed alongside St. John's Wort and 5HTP, both of which i take everyday. Holy Basil gives me the emotional strength to not get jarred by stressful events. Not the powerful calmative that Chamomile is so i can take it and then go work out, for example. Helps with attitude.

Wonderful Herb for Clarity

Posted by Reviewer2666562 on Jun 18, 2008

Holy basil is a healthy herb for clearing the mind and for alert relaxation. I'm impressed with the quality of the New Chapter products.

Been using it for years now!

Posted by Reviewer2700857 on Nov 06, 2007

Three of us in our family have been using this product for years now! It really works to help with sleep and stress.

Helps with mental clarity

Posted by Reviewer1105224 on Feb 08, 2009

This herb has helped me greatly in feeling clearer mentally.

Good one

Posted by Reviewer1669385 on Feb 02, 2011

I like this one because it does not contain carob like many new chapter products.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »