10% off orders over $60.00. Offer ends September 30th.

New Chapter, Holy Basil, 90 Vcaps (Discontinued Item)

The best out there

Posted by Reviewer1676871 on May 16, 2007

I've been in the health food industry for 14 years and a professional herbalist for 12. This particular product, and I have tested a plethora of them, is by far the best there is. I take it myself for stress relief, and I regularly recommend it for anxiety, SAD, chronic pain, IBS, and now I've got my dog and my neighbor's dog on it with turmeric for arthritis and hip dysplasia pain; all of that with success.

Mood booster

Posted by Reviewer3217626 on Apr 02, 2007

I added this (as directed) to my usual regimen of omega-3 supplement and multi and have noticed a definite improvement in mood after a week or two. I've been taking it regularly for several months now and it seems to be working even better. Zoloft's effects wear off over time and SSRIs can increase GI bleeding (especially when taken with NSAIDs). So the fact that Holy Basil's anti-inflammatory is an added bonus--it seems to do the work of both SSRI and NSAID, but without the nasty side effects.

Great for stress

Posted by Reviewer1026429 on Oct 10, 2008

My doctor (MD) an integrative health specialist recommended Holy Basil coupled with breathing exercises, yoga, and a diet change to help with anxiety and mild depression. I had been on a prescription SSRI (50 mg dose/SID) that made me feel bloated, kept the weight on even though I exercised regularly, and didn't allow me to feel any emotions at all. I desperately wanted to control my mild depression, anxiety, and start feeling better and healthier overall without the use of prescription meds. Switching to Holy Basil has worked very well for me. Of course supplements for anxiety and/or depression are not for everyone and please-definitely DO NOT quit a prescription medication (especially for depression) without first consulting with your doctor.

Great deal for a great product!

Posted by Reviewer1183265 on Oct 07, 2008

I've used Holy Basil for years and love how it helps regulate my moods. iHerb had it for practically half the price of stores in my area - love it!

A Must!

Posted by Reviewer2186445 on Nov 24, 2007

New Chapter's Holy Basil safes my life every day anew! The best stress reducer there is!