Nutritional Yeast Powder

Posted by Reviewer2869993 on Jun 04, 2011

I use this as a substitute for cheese. Mix it with chopped pumpkin seeds and a little salt and top off any hot or cold dish with it. Of course it doesn't taste exactly like parmigiano reggiano, but it almost fulfills my "cheese need". I'm looking forward to trying the flakes as well:)

Strong cheese flavor

Posted by Reviewer3354291 on Nov 29, 2011

I prefer this brand to others because of the strong cheese flavor. My hubby puts this on nearly everything he eats. I love it on popcorn with a little garlic and cayenne. A word of caution... it says on the label to add to protein shakes. If that shake includes dairy, try a small amount first or you may end up throwing away the whole shake. GAK!

Yummy

Posted by GallaChiro on Oct 10, 2009

I use several brands of nutritional yeast and this one is probably the best tasting - totally addicted and use in my daily shakes and give to my dog.

Used in Dr Pitcairn's Healthy Powder recipe for cats

Posted by Reviewer1687524 on Jun 29, 2011

I wanted to try a recipe I found on the Internet for Dr. Pitcairn's "Healthy Powder" nutrient supplement for cats (on a raw food diet). The recipe is made up in bulk and used a few teaspoons at a time in a cat's food: 2 cups of nutritional yeast, 1 cup of lecithin granules, ¼ cup kelp powder, ¼ bonemeal and 1000 mg vitamin C: mix and keep refrigerated. I found all these along with other supplements I wanted to use, namely Vit A and E and taurine, all offered by iHerb. I'm using the powder with canned food mainly b/c there's no time to make the raw food. It's not possible to reach any conclusions on health benefits after only a few weeks but I think I'm seeing increased energy/vitality.

My cats love this

Posted by Reviewer1503463 on Jul 22, 2009

There's no chance of candida with this product and the cats love it as a treat.

Super Food Yeast Powder

Posted by Howard on Dec 10, 2013

The NOW FOODS Nutritional Yeast Powder is an excellent way to start your day, by adding the recommended 2 tablespoon(=16g) dose to a super smoothie, as it has an impressive listing of b vitamins, amino acids, folic acid, and adds 9g of protein, thus, making it an essential part of the vegetarian type diet. Although I prefer the Modern Products, or, Lewis Labs brewer's yeast, since they were unavailable, I tried the NOW FOODS, and was completely satisfied. Try it, you'll like it!

Awesome product!

Posted by Reviewer1576793 on Sep 09, 2011

I had originally bought NOW Brewer's Yeast, thinking that and this were the same thing. Boy, I was WRONG. While brewer's yeast is quite bitter, this stuff is mildly sweet, nutty, and cheesy. I highly recommend it. I like to sprinkle it on my stir fries and mix it with mayo. There are only two drawbacks I've found. 1.) It will kind of turn your pee yellow. That's because of the b-vitamins going through your system. 2.) 10 oz is not nearly enough. (or maybe that's just me....)

Added Vit's to Yeast

Posted by Reviewer1181017 on Nov 20, 2011

Don't know it it's any better than Plain Brewers yeast. Has More Vit/dose but It's missing some of the good things you get from Brewers yeast. I mix it Half and Half and get the best of both.

tastes good

Posted by Reviewer1360740 on Feb 27, 2012

A wonderful suppliment to add b vitamins. My cats love it sprinkled on their food. I also use it to spice up salads-great flavor. I already reordered it!

wonderful taste very addictive

Posted by Reviewer1684744 on May 08, 2011

This is great on salads, baked potato etc. Very tasty and addictive. Also a lot of nutrition in it. Better than Parmesan cheese.