Now Foods, Nutritional Yeast Powder, 10 oz (284 g)

Super Food Yeast Powder

Posted by Howard From Mexico on Dec 10, 2013

The NOW FOODS Nutritional Yeast Powder is an excellent way to start your day, by adding the recommended 2 tablespoon(=16g) dose to a super smoothie, as it has an impressive listing of b vitamins, amino acids, folic acid, and adds 9g of protein, thus, making it an essential part of the vegetarian type diet. Although I prefer the Modern Products, or, Lewis Labs brewer's yeast, since they were unavailable, I tried the NOW FOODS, and was completely satisfied. Try it, you'll like it!

Fresh tasting

Posted by Reviewer2952617 From Virgin Islands, U.S. on Dec 11, 2013

I used to buy my nutritional yeast in bulk at the health food store where I work. Even though I think this is the same yeast we sell as bulk in flakes, it tastes much fresher from this container. I also have discovered I like the powder form better than the flake form.

Awesome product!

Posted by Reviewer1576793 From Japan on Sep 09, 2011

I had originally bought NOW Brewer's Yeast, thinking that and this were the same thing. Boy, I was WRONG. While brewer's yeast is quite bitter, this stuff is mildly sweet, nutty, and cheesy. I highly recommend it. I like to sprinkle it on my stir fries and mix it with mayo. There are only two drawbacks I've found. 1.) It will kind of turn your pee yellow. That's because of the b-vitamins going through your system. 2.) 10 oz is not nearly enough. (or maybe that's just me....)

Small Flakes

Posted by 4694247825369627491 on Sep 18, 2013

It is just a personal preference, but I like the larger flakes. Great product if you want powder only.

Love it!