Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Now Foods, Nutritional Yeast Powder, 10 oz (284 g)

tastes good

Posted by Reviewer1360740 on Feb 27, 2012

A wonderful suppliment to add b vitamins. My cats love it sprinkled on their food. I also use it to spice up salads-great flavor. I already reordered it!

Used in Dr Pitcairn's Healthy Powder recipe for cats

Posted by Reviewer1687524 on Jun 29, 2011

I wanted to try a recipe I found on the Internet for Dr. Pitcairn's "Healthy Powder" nutrient supplement for cats (on a raw food diet). The recipe is made up in bulk and used a few teaspoons at a time in a cat's food: 2 cups of nutritional yeast, 1 cup of lecithin granules, ¼ cup kelp powder, ¼ bonemeal and 1000 mg vitamin C: mix and keep refrigerated. I found all these along with other supplements I wanted to use, namely Vit A and E and taurine, all offered by iHerb. I'm using the powder with canned food mainly b/c there's no time to make the raw food. It's not possible to reach any conclusions on health benefits after only a few weeks but I think I'm seeing increased energy/vitality.

Awesome product!

Posted by Reviewer1576793 on Sep 09, 2011

I had originally bought NOW Brewer's Yeast, thinking that and this were the same thing. Boy, I was WRONG. While brewer's yeast is quite bitter, this stuff is mildly sweet, nutty, and cheesy. I highly recommend it. I like to sprinkle it on my stir fries and mix it with mayo. There are only two drawbacks I've found. 1.) It will kind of turn your pee yellow. That's because of the b-vitamins going through your system. 2.) 10 oz is not nearly enough. (or maybe that's just me....)

Added Vit's to Yeast

Posted by Reviewer1181017 on Nov 20, 2011

Don't know it it's any better than Plain Brewers yeast. Has More Vit/dose but It's missing some of the good things you get from Brewers yeast. I mix it Half and Half and get the best of both.

Mmm

Posted by 5226386329520428910 on Jun 07, 2013

Love this stuff- I go crazy sprinkling it over my eggs, my avocado toast with lemon and pepper AND wedges (and definitely vegetable chips). The texture and smell just sends me drooling.