Now Foods, Organic Essential Oils, Lavender, 1 fl oz (30 ml)

Reviews 5-star

Love it!

Posted by MGG-ThreeTwoFour on Jul 22, 2015

I use this every night right before I get in bed. I first put 4 drops of a carrier oil in my hand (I'm using jojoba, but olive oil would work just as well) and then add 2 drops of this Lavender oil, rub it all together between my hands, and then rub it on the bottoms of my feet. When I do this, I sleep the sleep of the dead! Even if I wake for some reason during the night, I fall back to sleep easily and sleep so well! If I forget, I wake many more times during the night, get up earlier and feel worse, and just generally have a bad day. The NOW brand of essential oils has been recommended to me by friends as being a pure oil, fine for using on your skin in this way. There are some brands in which this would be a bad idea. The price was great, and I love how it helps me sleep! ** For new customers of iHerb, please also visit my page for more product reviews **

Use in laundry rinse and in spray for bedroom

Posted by Reviewer1122917 on Dec 01, 2007

I like buying certified organic oil and use this each time I wash clothing or sheets and towels adding 10+ drops to the rinse water. I also add it (20+ drops)to water in a spray bottle to freshen up sheets, pillows and the bedroom.

RaDonna Ridner-Thurman

Posted by Reviewer3106315 on Feb 05, 2008

I love the lavender oil!! You can definitely tell a difference between the organic as I have the non-organic in the same brand as well. I didn't realize it when I bought the non-organic but chemicals are used in the extraction and the organic smells so much nicer and natural than the non-organic. My customer service experience was positive. The USPS made a mistake in delivery (delivered to wrong apt) and my package was delayed several days. That was not the fault of the company however and I will definitely order again and have referred this company to several friends in search of organic lavender oil. thank you.

Excellent organic lavender oil.

Posted by Leione on Apr 14, 2014

It's truly an amazing product known for its superb antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiviral, antifungal, analgesic, antispasmodic, tonic, cicatrizant, soothing, healing, pacifying, nervine and antidepressant properties. Rich in aromatic esters, lavender oil is an effective remedy for different types of infections, bacteria, viruses, fungi, acne, rashes, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, scabies, shingles, hives, sciatica, ringworm, chicken pox, dandruff, seborrhea, scalp infections, aching muscles, earache, fatigue, fevers, giddy spells, pulpitations, headache, insomnia, cramps, scabies, shingles, sinusitis, stress, anxiety and sunburn. It alleviates inflammation, heals sore and chapped lips, peeling skin, small wounds, cuts, abrasions, bruises, bug bites, blisters, burns, carbuncles, canker soles. A few drops of lavender oil added to a vaporizer can help people suffering from nasal congestion, bronchitis, emphysema, asthma, tonsillitis, laryngitis, sinusitis. A lavender bath is an excellent stress reliever, relaxant and antidepressant, a lavender compress is great for sore muscles, sprains and injuries. Lavender oil is also a great all-natural sunburn remedy, insect repellent and mildew and mold remover. I've been diluting it with different base oils ( olive, jojoba, grapeseed, almond, avocado or apricot kernel oil) and using it on my skin, and I've noticed that the condition of my skin has improved: my skin tone has even out, there's no redness or irritation, my acne has cleared up, my scalp is healthier and no longer dry, itchy and flaky. Glad I discovered this amazing healing lavender oil.

Very potent!

Posted by Reviewer1293656 on Jun 09, 2010

Purchased as a skin anti-bacterial agent and to help break down scar tissue since Lavender Oil is toxic to scar tissue. Because I'm using it in combination with Jason Natural vitamin E oil 5000 IU, tea tree oil, and brown rice vinegar I can't confirm that it's specifically Lavender oil that is working...but something is DEFINITELY working! I've stopped having breakouts and I can see the skin discolorations fading faster than usual. It will take time to tell if the more built up scar tissue will dissolve using Lavender Oil, but I’m being very faithful to my routine so time will definitely tell. While not entirely telling of quality, Now Foods Lavender oil is very potent. I accidently forgot to completely seal the bottle before throwing it in my bag for a road trip so a little bit leaked onto my bag. Even with the car windows down the air was filled with the wonderful smell of Lavender.