• iHerb inventory is extremely fresh, as we buy this product directly from Nutiva, a local company.

Plastic container

• Customer Ratings

Not bad

Posted by funexplorer on Mar 04, 2013

Not bad for the taste when kept in refrigerator, good for scooping it out to eat with a metal spoon. It is a solid white substance when kept cold. Turn to liquid when warm. read somewhere (http://www.drlwilson.com/ARTICLES/HEALING%20LIFESTYLE.htm) that mentioned coconut oil not recommended for frequent usage- too yin. ghee and olive oil are my staple oil.

Strong coconut flavor

Posted by Reviewer1397781 on Dec 27, 2011

I was really disappointed that this oil has such a strong coconut flavor. I was very excited to start using it regularly, hoping it would help with my thyroid and metabolism. Unfortunately it is far too coconutty for me so the only thing I am using it for is my cat! He gets constipated and I often give him petromalt, but I thought I would see if he would tolerate this and he actually loves it! I think it's helping too, so at least one of us is getting the benefit. If you like the taste of coconut, I think you will LOVE this product- it is my taste preference that made me rate it only 2 stars.

Sticking with the International Harvest brand.

Posted by Reviewer2252283 on Aug 23, 2012

Okay, I wanted to try this brand because of all the fantastic reviews having used the International Harvest brand which is also organic/vegan. I tried an experiment where I fried some tofu with the Nutiva oil. I basically found out that it takes longer for it to reach a hot enough temperature and for some reason the tofu wasn't as flavorful. I don't know if it's the container argument of glass vs plastic but in this situation glass and probably product quality win out. Just found out that Dr. Bronner produces coconut oil as well. May try that out too.

not bad nor good

Posted by Evolema on Sep 02, 2013

Not much to say than this is just to plain. Nothing out of the ordinary. "Garden of life" rules!

Coconut fragrant is too strong

Posted by 5007179757452060304 on Mar 01, 2016

I bought it to mix with rice and it has too strong smell