• iHerb inventory is extremely fresh, as we buy this product directly from Nutiva, a local company.

Plastic container

• Customer Ratings

Great organic extra-virgin coconut oil. One of the best on iHerb.

Posted by Leione on Jun 07, 2014

In addition to being organic, extra-virgin, cold-pressed, unrefined, unbleached, non-deodorized, non-GMO, non-hydrogenated, non-BPA, hexane and BPA free, and kosher, this coconut oil is really delicious and packed with health benefits and can be used both internally and externally. Rich in medium chain triglycerides, coconut oil is different from other saturated fats: much of its saturated fat comes from lauric acid, which improves HDL ("good cholesterol") to HDL ("bad cholesterol") ratio and creates a more favorable blood cholesterol profile by increasing high-density lipoprotein ("good cholesterol") levels. Lauric acid is converted to monolaurin, which is otherwise found only in breast milk, has strong antibacterial and antiviral properties and is useful in the prevention and treatment of various infections and diseases. This ancient oil also aids digestion and the absorption of vitamins, minerals and amino acids, helps control blood sugar levels and keep them stable by improving insulin secretion, improves thyroid function, stimulates metabolism, triggers the release of the cholecystokinin hormone slowing down food movement through the digestive tract and keeping you full longer, thus contributing to weight loss, boosts immunity and energy levels. Coconut oil can also be used externally and does wonders for dry, dehydrated, sensitive and damaged skin. It deeply moisturizes and nourishes the skin, improves its elasticity, making its soft, smooth, and supple, prevents dryness and dehydration, evens out the skin tone, improves the complexion, calms itching, reduces irritation and inflammation, facilitates the healing of small wounds, cuts, burns, bug bites, warts, fungal infections, fights acne, blemishes, rashes, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, prevents and reduces stretch marks and scars, relieves pain caused by sunburn and peeling skin, heals sore and chapped lips, smoothes out fine lines and wrinkles, restores luster to dull and lifeless hair, acts as a natural sunscreen and is a great all-natural make-up remover. I've been using this coconut oil both internally and externally and the results speak for themselves: I feel better, more energetic and resilient, my acid reflux and heartburn are gone, my complexion has improved, my skin tone has evened out, some acne scars and stretch marks have faded, my skin is softer, smoother and has a healthy glow. Definitely one of my favorite products.

Very coconutty coconut oil!

Posted by herbalicious on Sep 19, 2012

This stuff tastes delicious!! My husband made yummy balls of candy with this that tasted like mounds/bounty! What a wonderful frozen snack! (Mix equal parts of this oil with dried coconut flakes. Add a few drops of stevia and mix well. Roll up into balls and freeze. Then Dip into melted chocolate and refreeze. Yummy!!)

Absolutely love it!

Posted by TrueReviews on Nov 15, 2013

This product is great, I use it in the kitchen, and I also put it on my belly, to avoid stretch marks from pregnancy. I take 2-3 tablespoons per day for its beneficial medium chain triglycerides. It smells wonderfully and tastes lovely, pure coconut! Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

Coconut oil as a moisturizer

Posted by bray29 on Jul 28, 2012

Coconut oil as a moisturizer is fantastic, especially right out of the shower. I use it on my tattoos. Best moisturizer out there. I have read about the OCM method (oil cleansing method)and my wife does this all the time and says it works. Coconut oil is amazing for so many things – you can use it as a deodorant, you can brush your teeth with it, you can treat your hair with it, you can kill lice with it, you can shave with it – the list goes on and on.....

Nutive Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

Posted by Reviewer1327577 on Nov 23, 2011

My husband is a throat cancer survivor; he suffers terribly from dry mouth (the radiation treatments destroyed his salivary glands); the Nutiva has been very effective in soothing his throat.

Great product.

Posted by Reviewer3244249 on Feb 17, 2008

This brand is cold pressed - and from what I have researched comes from fresh coconut unlike many other brands on the market. You should double check on this but I know this is one of the better brands and is also unrefined which is what you want. I would't use or buy it otherwise.

Best Coconut Oil EVER !!

Posted by Sickness-ELIMINATOR on Aug 11, 2013

This Organic coconut oil is the best I've found. I've tried several brands, but nothing tastes as clean and pure as this. There is a definite undertone of coconut, but I like the flavor, even when frying eggs or eating it on cinnamon raisin toast. I recently had bloodwork done and my HDL (the good cholesterol) was an impressive 77---anything over 39 is considered in range; over 50 is heart protective). I attribute this great HDL number to using only coconut oil, butter, and olive oil in my cooking & drinking green tea. One more thing: this is an organic, cold pressed coconut oil. Others may be organically grown, but I've found some brands are hydrogenated. Happy eating! . . . You can find other products I use on my Page! I use only products that have Scientifically Proven benefits (or taste good).

Good oil

Posted by Reviewer3327222 on Aug 02, 2012

The coconut smell is mild as compared to Nature Way coconut oil.

won't buy again

Posted by Reviewer2101153 on Apr 22, 2013

I was using this oil for two weeks then I noticed something greenish from the bottom of the jar up and it was mold. It made me immediately sick as I have been adding it to our food. Never ever will buy the product.

Mellow, Nutty Flavor

Posted by Reviewer1144897 on Jul 18, 2012

I'm a huge fan of Tropical Traditions Gold Label coconut oil, so I was interested in comparing the two brands. They both get 5-star ratings from me, but they have very distinct flavors; I can easily tell them apart by smell or taste. The TT brand is more coconutty, and the Nutiva is mellower with a more nut-like flavor. Either one beats the heck out of any other oil I've ever used.