• iHerb inventory is extremely fresh, as we buy this product directly from Nutiva, a local company.

Plastic container

• Customer Ratings

Splendid Coconut Oil!

Posted by Reviewer3133401 on Feb 20, 2012

Works wonders on dry skin; scent lingers only for a while. Good on hot oatmeal. Careful for cooking, 76 degrees is its tops, and only good for low heat cooking. All in all, would recommend.

Good oil

Posted by Reviewer2861363 on Mar 17, 2012

I haven't tried coconut oil before, but I liked this very much. The smell can be a little bit off sometimes, but other than that it's really nice. I've used it as cooking oil, in pastries, on my skin and as hair treatment, and it works wonderfully for all of the different uses.

Good oil

Posted by Reviewer1458185 on Mar 22, 2012

Not the best coconut oil I have tried, but most definitely worth the price. The jar is slightly unpractical (also, I prefer glass), but I have no real complaints. The taste is not as sweet and dominant as in the artisana oil - which is not necesarily a bad thing.

Good product

Posted by j44lee on Apr 28, 2012

I like this a lot. Very reasonably priced and easy to use. I tend to favor coconut oil from glass jars, but they are a little pricier and heavier. Nutiva is a good brand, and I've been using this version on and off for about 10 years.

Lovely oil

Posted by sercraz on Jun 28, 2012

I wished i knew about the many uses and benefits of using EVCO earlier. I now use it to moisturize and style my permed hair, as a lubricant, and a soothing lotion or douche whenever i have yeast infection. The smell is so yummy and my hubby loves it when i use it to massage him. I have tried another brand before as a face moisturizer and it broke me out badly, so i did not dare to try again with this brand. I am taking away 1 star because the packaging is not user-friendly. I had to buy sanitized syringes to draw the oil from the tub and transfer into my pump bottle. Hope Nutiva can come up with a better packaging in the near future.

Wow, amazing!

Posted by Reviewer2779632 on Mar 27, 2014

First of all: I hate the smell, I really dont like it. Thats why I only gives it 4/5 stars, but the product itself is genius and amazing. Usually I dont care about bad smells, but this smell is by far something I can't handle well. Too much coconut for me (oh well, it is coconut oil, dont expect it to smell roses either). I use it for my face, hair and body, and not for food. Thats a tip I found on internet, like many others. Makeup remover, hair cure, as "body lotion"... You name it. It is a good reason why this product is so popular as skin and hair care. Will buy again. (My skin has improved alot, my hair doesnt need a hair cut, and my itchy scalp is almost gone).

Good Product

Posted by Reviewer1326533 on Nov 13, 2011

Melt well and taste is excellent

Good proce...good product!

Posted by celestialleo on Dec 06, 2011

This is one of the better coconut oils...not top of the line, but good enough to use daily...does smell a bit like coconuts, so I know it's pretty good!

good

Posted by reinona on Feb 27, 2014

Tastes and smells amazing, like coconut (duh). Bought this brand because it's cold pressed. Minus 1 star because of the plastic container. SEE MY PAGE IF NEW TO IHERB!

good

Posted by Reviewer2214723 on Oct 31, 2011

When I recieved the package, the oil was completely melted, and I couldn't help puting my finger inside and tasting it. In a few days it solidified completely, and now I can pull some out only by scratching it's surface. I use it as a hair mask and as a body moisurizer in a mix with other oils. As a maks, it did wonders during the first uses, but then it completly stoped working, I don't know way. I tried to use it on my lips and hands but it's not muisurizing enough. It leaves a very oily pelicule and, once absorbed, the dryness is still there. All in all, I'm pleased with it and I'll continue to use it.