• iHerb inventory is extremely fresh, as we buy this product directly from Nutiva, a local company.

• Customer Ratings

Review

Posted by Reviewer2653287 on Jan 23, 2010

I love the size and the cost; however, the spreadability is not great. The flavor not great either

Healthy and economical

Posted by Reviewer1876239 on Jul 17, 2012

A great price for a great product. Apparently coconut oil has been overlooked as a very healthy oil for cooking. It gives off a lovely aroma while heating, but doesn't flavor the food much. I have used it for frying chicken (Japanese karage), scrambled eggs, etc. I'm so glad to have found a relatively cheap place to buy it.

Not as happy this time

Posted by Reviewer1910854 on Jul 25, 2008

I had ordered this product before and received it without any problems. However, I was disappointed in the way I received the oil. The box had a big oil stain on the bottom and had ants both on the inside and outside of the box. Whoever packed it (although in a plastic bag) laid the container on its side and some of the oil leaked out. The entire order was affected. (Unsure as to reorder this again)

The right thing in the wrong container

Posted by Reviewer1486097 on Nov 22, 2009

I love the coconut oil but don't feel comfortable with the fact that it comes in a plastic container, both from a health perspective and an ecological one. They can do better.

Quality becomes poor now.

Posted by 4654172650698018380 on May 06, 2012

I bought four jars. I found that the oil was yellow in colour. The smell and taste are too light. In the past, the smell and taste of Nutiva coconut oil were strong and sweet. That means the quality is poor now.

Did not like the taste

Posted by Reviewer1769487 on Apr 24, 2007

I've tried 2 brands of coconut oil andi did not like the taste of this one!

Very pleased

Posted by Reviewer1422261 on Nov 21, 2008

I ordered this for my skin, mainly my acne on face. I noticed a difference right away, honestly. I am a brown skined african american w/ periodic breakouts on my face and back, I washed w/ Aveeno, dried my face and applied the VCO all over my face and the irritation stopped immediately. I was informed by a trusted source that the breakouts should stop period w/ regular use, I am very confident they will... Thank God, finally!

disappointed

Posted by Reviewer2242041 on Apr 11, 2010

I had a different idea of what this was. I pictured it creamier and tastier. To me, it seems like crisco, but harder--hard grease with a faint coconut smell. I am unable to use it. Will give it to my daughter who will use it on her hair and skin.

Fabulous product

Posted by Reviewer2848619 on Dec 31, 2009

Not only is coconut oil good for you (read all of the research), but this Nutiva brand is delicious. The coconut taste is very light and not very noticeable when used to cook other foods. I get my 3 tablespoons of coconut oil a day by making the chocolate candy someone else posted on this website. Its a great way to get my chocolate fix and I don't have the desire to eat anything else sweet during the day.

Love it

Posted by Reviewer1948220 on Mar 07, 2009

Great flavor, ease of use - just spoon it out, and price. Wish it was in a glass or other reuseable container rather than plastic, but I understand the dilemma in marketing such a large and heavy product in glass.