Tryptophan

Posted by TinVal on Aug 16, 2012

Tryptophan is a precursor to serotonin, a hormone contributing to the feelings of well-being, and people with low levels of serotonin are prone to depression. A study reported in the November 1982, "Psychological Medicine," investigated whether tryptophan could act as an antidepressant. The study involved 150 patients and lasted 12 weeks. It was found that tryptophan significantly improved depression and was not associated with side effects.

A Wonderful Supplement for Sleep

Posted by Reviewer2588465 on Mar 28, 2013

I've found that Tryptophan and Magnesium are what I've needed for a good nights sleep. I stopped waking up several times a night when I started taking these. I don't know if I'll ever stop waking up in the middle of the night completely, but these sure have helped. Try this free sample and give it a shot.

Does what it says it will.

Posted by Reviewer2930379 on May 14, 2012

It really helps to alleviate depression and control mood swings. I prefer it to 5-htp as it seems to last longer.

TAKES A WHILE TO WORK - HOWEVER

Posted by Reviewer1079869 on Jun 11, 2009

Make sure you take them a couple of hours before going to bed. Nice restful sleep with no hangover in the morning,

*****Calmed dog from thunderstorms*******

Posted by coconut on Jun 25, 2012

I enjoyed this sample so much I bought the regular size. My dog is easily upset and scared of thunderstorms. I don't like medicating him so after some research I tried this. He is more calm and I feel better that this is more natural than the meds his vet gave him.   I also have had relief from stressors such as work. I can take it at work and not have to worry about presciptions. It won't make you drowsy. Just less stress and better to cope.   Take on an empty stomach for best results!

great

Posted by Reviewer1123278 on May 11, 2010

very happy with product, grateful that in this economy, some people know it is still a good idea to offer samples.

Works well.

Posted by Reviewer1582777 on Dec 09, 2010

I got this sample because I was under extreme stress and thought I'd give them a shot. They do seem to work well, although one capsule at a time is enough. The one time I took two, I had very vivid Kafka-dreams. That's not an effect limited to this product though - I once took too much Melissa and had terrible nightmares - so I'll certainly order these again when the need arises.

good

Posted by Elena1280324 on Jun 30, 2012

Demands the regular use to reach the maximum effect. I became quieter, uravnoveshenny, more positively.

Eh, May be enough for some

Posted by SherryB on Aug 23, 2012

Some sleep issues are just deeper issues for some individuals. Mine has surrounded illness and chronic pain, stress, anxiety and depression at times. Sleep testing indicates that I wake up tons of times during the night. Unfortunately, if you experience deeper sleep issues, L-tryptophan probably won't solve things alone. It is worth a try though! Nothing wrong with this product. It did not give me any additional issues. Having problems with sleep often takes a few tries to get the best product mix and don't forget what they call "good sleep hygiene"

Only used once

Posted by sweetheart on Aug 27, 2012

I haven't used this more than once, so it's too soon to really say anything. The first capsule didn't give me any feelings to any direction.... ---------------------- update: seems like I sleep better when taking this. Will be back for more updates if anything new turns out!