Surya Henna, Henna Cream, Hair Coloring and Hair Treatment, Dark Brown, 2.31 fl oz (70 ml)

Posted by Reviewer2625756 on Jul 17, 2008

I which all internet purchases went as easy as your company, you guys are great!!!

Wonderful Results!

Posted by Reviewer1537126 on Dec 09, 2007

My hair is fine and gets damaged easily. In an effort to minimize damage, I had been using another, and rather expensive, plant-based hair colouring product for a couple of years. This so-called natural product left my hair feeling completely dead and unmanagable without using massive amounts of conditioners! Wishing to grow my hair, I finally decided that I 'had it' with this clearly hair-destructive stuff. I looked for alternatives, but was skeptical about using henna since I have some grays sneaking in here and there (was told that henna turns gray into orange!). I then came across Surya Henna Cream and it claimed to cover grays the very first time. Most importantly for me was the cream formulation of this product that made it sound easy to use. I read several costumer reviews -- some very negative and others extremely satisfied. Not really having found any other attractive alternatives, I decdided to give the Surya Cream Henna a try. The results by far surpassed my wildest expectations and I am still in disbelieve over how beautiful and healthy my once damaged hair is today! The colour is stunning (I mixed dark brown with light brown) and the texture is the softest I can remember. I love the feel of my shoulder length hair again and look forward to growing back my soft, beautiful long hair. I am extremely grateful to have found this outstanding product!

Surya Henna, Brasil Cream, Hair Coloring & Hair Treatment Cream, Dark Brown

Posted by Reviewer1196570 on May 16, 2008

Very dark. Covered my gray completely. Does not appear to be washing out as quickly as other brands. My only hesitation in recommending it is that it does not seem quite as gentle as powdered formulas. Experienced a bit of burning/tingling. Do skin patch test to check for allergies! I didn't!

Good compromise

Posted by Reviewer2603367 on Jul 07, 2011

I use it to dye my roots every 2 weeks and if I let it for 60 or 90 minutes it gives a very good and lasting coverage. It is also very good on the whole hair as I have the impression that it is conditioning. But the coloring agents are not 100% natural as there are some semi-permanent chemical colors in it and this is the reason for the good coverage. On the other hand they seem to be not (that) dangerous for the human health like conventional hair dye, so it is a good compromise.

Fairly good, but does not cover gray

Posted by Reviewer1767172 on Jun 29, 2008

I was so excited to have found this product on iherb and, reading glowing reviews, decided to try it. The pros: it is SO easy to use, compared to the powder form; it doesn't smell (i.e., no chemicals) like traditional and even other "natural" coloring solutions; the ingredients seem much safer to use than other coloring products; it does moisturize my dry, over-processed hair; supposedly, any stains on clothing will easily wash off (haven't tried it yet); and the color turned out pretty natural looking. The only con: I'm bummed that the product did not color my gray hair. One reviewer suggested using lemon juice beforehand to ready the hair for the solution, so I'm going to try that next month.