fight back against the reactive mind!

Posted by Reviewer3207488 on Mar 18, 2009

Vitamin B-1 helps one handle environmental restimulation better and keep stress down and stability up. Be sure to take with C and Cal/Mag.

Twinlab, B-1 Caps, 500 mg, 100 Capsules

Posted by Reviewer1820054 on Jan 25, 2010

Cheap and dependable: feels like blowing away the mental cobwebs.

Bug Repellant

Posted by Reviewer1020169 on Mar 15, 2011

We really like this stuff. We take this along with a lot of garlic throughout the summer starting in mid-March because a Canadian pharmacist told us to take 500mg of thiamine daily for repelling black flies. We start taking it 6-8 weeks before "bug season" because it takes awhile to build up in the system. The combination of the 2(B-1 + garlic) works better than either one alone. It also helps with other insects like mosquitoes and fleas. It may not work 100% (some mosquitoes are "industrial strength"), but 95% is good enough for us, and we don't have to coat our skin with chemicals! We have always found Twinlab to be reputable. We are also pleased with iHerb's service.

Afflicted with Allergies

Posted by 5674406860631539187 on Apr 25, 2012

My entire life I have been afflicted with allergies to everything from insects to grasses and pollen, dust, and mold. After numerous years of treating symptoms and having increased reactions following numerous episodes of exposure I began taking prescription meds daily. After 2 years of routine allergy meds I began having numerous other health issues that later turned out to be side effects of the allergy meds. While not everyone experiences these issues I did and had to discontinue their use. Pursuing an alternative a Nurse Practitioner advised me to begin taking Thiamine for a natural alternative. Because my allergy response is so high I have to take a larger dosage but my reactions have diminished to a normal response level and my quality of living is significantly improved. Thank you iHerb for making this available for an allergy afflicted individual like myself!!

Great Thiamine - the only one which is Mononitrate = no abdominal side effects!

Posted by Meduvar on Jul 29, 2014

All the other Thiamine products contain thiamine hydrochloride (HCL) which may increase gastric acid secretion. Hydrochloric acid can be helpful for some of us BUT can also produce GI side effects (nausea, diarrhea...). Twinlab Thiamine Mononitrate is the best for me as it has high potency, it's in a capsule form (which has higher absorption efficiency than tablet) and free of side effects. Please also read my other reviews and let me know if it was helpful for you. Thanks - Good health and quality of life !

B-1 - 500 mgs.

Posted by Reviewer1963607 on Feb 07, 2008

B-1 500 mgs. great value in capsules!

High Dose & Good Price

Posted by Reviewer2580814 on Jul 15, 2008

I like this for a nice high dose. It is also effective for me. I take it along with the entire constellation of B vitamins.

Twinlab, B-1 Caps, 500 mg, 100 Capsules (TWL-00602)

Posted by Reviewer1706129 on Aug 06, 2008