The "Anti-Pear-Shape" mineral. The best manganese on here. NOTE: manganese may not be suitable for hypothyroid conditions

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Dec 24, 2013

When taking manganese, suggest ensuring you meet RDI for: iodine, sodium, retinol, niacin (as nicotinic acid). Have also tried Solgar, Bluebonnet and Carlson - recommend this over any of the other manganese chelates available on here. The caps are tiny, indicating minimal filler/chelate. They're definitely hypoallergenic, well utilised/absorbed, a good dose and reasonably priced. Manganese is known as the "Anti-Pear-Shape" mineral – involved in fat metabolism, it helps reduce weight gain on the hips and thighs. Deficiency causes fatty liver, resulting in the generation of lipid peroxides and fat gain around the waist. My note re hypothyroid - manganese is an iodine antagonist, therefore suggest caution if iodine intake is low or treating a thyroid condition. While manganese is required for normal thyroid function and is involved in the formation of thyroxin, high levels of manganese can cause hypothyroidism. Manganese Superoxide Dismutase is protector of thyroid hormone activity in the liver - the liver regulates manganese excretion via bile. Manganese may help raise low stomach acid and absorption is enhanced by higher HCl acid levels - avoid taking with calcium, magnesium, etc. Re the glycinate chelates - I found glycine detracts from some of the benefits manganese is known for. Glycine acts as a neurotransmitter antagonist, thus won't be suitable for everyone. Glycine is also unsuitable for anyone on a low-purine diet. Additionally, regardless of brand/mineral (i.e. not just manganese), glycinate gives me bad headaches and causes me to feel awful - gluconate never does. The following either deplete/need manganese, thus can help manipulate levels up (by avoiding) or down (by taking more of), depending on your requirements: iodine, sodium, niacin, vit A, phosphorus, B12, vit C, boron, magnesium, calcium, B1, B6, silica, biotin, vit E, choline, lithium, high fat or high protein diet. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Usefull product

Posted by Reviewer2292722 on Sep 29, 2008

I use this to have the right balance of vitamins. 10 mg a day is a good dosage. I started taking 2 days 20 mg a day. I learned that works to prevent hairloss. You can do that more often iff necessary till hair loss stops...I take it in the morning on an empty stomach

Manganese treatment for my medical conditions

Posted by Reviewer2966014 on Apr 20, 2010

I am taking manganese and some other supplements for my Asperger's Syndrome and Akathisia conditions. I received the product in a timely manner and in good condition. My health has shown a noticable improvement since I started taking the product. I like the fact that it is chelated. I need products like this that can help eliminate toxins. I wish that my insurance would cover products like manganese, vitamins E and B6, borage and fish oil, BCAA, heavy metal cleansers, and all the other supplements I need to help my nervous system.

Great product

Posted by Reviewer1155219 on May 08, 2009

Great for muscle soreness, especially shoulders and arms.

Good

Posted by Reviewer1437455 on Jan 26, 2009

This seems to be allowing some hair to fill in the 'cowlick' at the crown of my head.

Good

Posted by Reviewer1487592 on Jan 02, 2010

I am taking this mangenese to help strengthen ligaments and connective tissue. Its allergen friendly also. Seems to be a good product and good price.

The Best

Posted by Reviewer1876111 on Feb 16, 2011

This has been the only manganese that has helped facial twitching.

Got it for my girlfriend whom has seem this hair drops to signicantly reduction rate!

Posted by MyPersonalReview on Jan 13, 2014

Got it for my girlfriend whom has seem this hair drops to signicantly reduction rate when I first starting treating her hair treatment before she goes into my protocol of hair fullness now. As I am a MASSIVE Believer in Alternate Medicine and wanting to contribute in the best way of possible to the world, please help to click my username and view my page in Iherb to see all the reviews I have written of those purchased products I ordered in Iherb. ( It may takes days to months before I write the review as I need to try them thoroughly ensuring the preciseness and accurate experience taking in comparison to the thousands of page of research papers I have read which is the main reason leading me to buy the product from Iherb because simply, I want to contribute myself in this humanity world.

Good Manganese Source

Posted by Reviewer1115165 on Oct 23, 2012

Is needed for energy production and many other things including sugar control - it is also needed to activate many of the B vitamins, regulate Iron, and activate Vitamind C, E and K.

back pain

Posted by Reviewer1055777 on Apr 17, 2010

this is good for your lower back.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »