Best Sellers New Products Super Specials! Product Trials Clearance

Twinlab, Niacin ( B-3 ) Caps, 1000 mg, 100 Capsules

Reviews 3-star

be carefull with this supplement

Posted by Reviewer1793784 on Oct 03, 2008

I took this pill to be effective against anxiety and it realy seemed to be effective!!!! However, I have taken many different pills in my life, without being sensitive to side effects. When I took this 1000 mg niacin it gave me a big surprise! I took it after a breakfast and within 10 minutes I started to feel a tingling sensation inside my head and that scared me a bit. It grew stronger and my entire face started to feel like it was on fire, burning! This spread out to the whole body, even my feet. After 2 hours it didn't burn anymore, but I had a red face all day. I googled on it and discovered that this happens more often and is called a niacin flush. In such case one should lower the docis drastically and increase slowly over a 2 week period and then the body will get used to it and the flush will no longer occur. Also I read that such high docis can cause liver damage when taken for prolonged periods of time, so EVERYONE who takes this, don't take a whole pill the first time. I would recommend to open the capsule and just take a quarter for first time.

Flushing

Posted by Reviewer1449735 on Sep 26, 2011

I've experienced a lot of flushing. Now I'm taking niacinamide form instead.

Works like magic - super!!!

Posted by Reviewer2080067 on Nov 01, 2014

This particular form is potent and gives hot flushes, something I already have with menopause. It made me feel nauseous only because its high potency. But now I take the form that causes no hot flushing and its better than any 'happy drug' out there. It beats the blues like magic!Take it with food and judge your own tolerance.

Major Flushing

Posted by 5688221554152706857 on Feb 26, 2015

I have taken Niacin 1,000mg twice a day for years and purchased this because it is easier than taking 2 500mg capsules. I did not notice that it was not flush free so that was my bad but wow, the flushing is severe and taking it with food and vitamin C did not help. My cholesterol has always run a bit high because it runs in my family. Niacin definitely helps the ratio of HDL to LDL so it is worth taking but I will be going back to a flush free version immediately! That said, Twinlab makes good products and I trust them...just needed to read the label more carefully so I wanted to do this review to help the next person.