Twinlab, Niacin ( B-3 ) Caps, 1000 mg, 100 Capsules

Reviews 3-star

be carefull with this supplement

Posted by Reviewer1793784 From Netherlands on Oct 03, 2008

I took this pill to be effective against anxiety and it realy seemed to be effective!!!! However, I have taken many different pills in my life, without being sensitive to side effects. When I took this 1000 mg niacin it gave me a big surprise! I took it after a breakfast and within 10 minutes I started to feel a tingling sensation inside my head and that scared me a bit. It grew stronger and my entire face started to feel like it was on fire, burning! This spread out to the whole body, even my feet. After 2 hours it didn't burn anymore, but I had a red face all day. I googled on it and discovered that this happens more often and is called a niacin flush. In such case one should lower the docis drastically and increase slowly over a 2 week period and then the body will get used to it and the flush will no longer occur. Also I read that such high docis can cause liver damage when taken for prolonged periods of time, so EVERYONE who takes this, don't take a whole pill the first time. I would recommend to open the capsule and just take a quarter for first time.

Flushing

Posted by Reviewer1449735 From Slovakia on Sep 26, 2011

I've experienced a lot of flushing. Now I'm taking niacinamide form instead.