Twinlab, Niacin ( B-3 ) Caps, 1000 mg, 100 Capsules

What the doctor ordered

Posted by Reviewer1625810 on Oct 16, 2006

The only niacin that is as effective as statins to lower LDL and raise HDL cholesterol and safest for the liver is pure crystaline type. Doctor prescribed amounts are in the multigram range (2,000 mg/day for me). Twinlab is by far the best value. The proof is in my very improved lipid profiles.

Minimal Flush

Posted by Reviewer1860698 on Apr 13, 2009

I've experienced very little to no flushing with these caps and I'm taking them 6 at a time.

Be careful of dosage

Posted by Reviewer1279884 on May 15, 2009

Used for lowering cholesterol niacin can also raise blood sugar and help precipitate gout. This brand obviously works because it not only helped lower my cholesterol (along with red yeast rice) but it did help my blood sugar and precipitate a gout attack.

HDL Booster

Posted by Reviewer3258994 on Sep 11, 2010

All my research made it very clear that the "slow release" or "non-flush" Niacin was much less effective and potentially much more toxic. Go with the flush - it takes a few weeks to build up tolerance (start with smaller doses and move up to the Twinlab 500s first), but 2 of these a day boosted my HDL from the high 30s to the low to mid 60s. It has remained at that level for over a year with no detectable effect on my liver function. Exercise alone would never get my HDL much above 40. It doesn't work for everyone though - my wife followed my example, and it didn't change her HDL much at all.

Powerful stuff

Posted by Reviewer1390426 on Nov 05, 2010

Use with caution. Serious flushing and other side effects common to too much taken at once. I used only 1 pill but mistakenly took on an empty stomach. I will never make that mistake again. Really high quality. have to take only half a capsule at a time.