I fully recommend this B-3

Posted by Reviewer1382187 on Jun 20, 2013

I enjoy the flush feeling, but I haven't felt it in a while and I'm at 3,000mg per day. I want to try this for depression. So far, so good. After several weeks I am feeling much better, but there are other mental issues that must be addressed. If you want to take it for depression, it works, but of you don't have your mind right, it will fail it. There is no magic cure for depression. It takes a little effort to try to live each day and moment as happily as possible. This niacin has helped me to feel free from the constraint of incomprehensible and seemingly random sadness, but I know the rest, the happiness is up to me. To those of you who suffer from depression. Good luck! <3

Very good, but may be too much for some

Posted by philla on Dec 30, 2013

High dose Niacin is therapeutically perpetuated through the work of Abram Hoffer and Carl Pfeiffer, some of the pioneers of ortho-molecular medicine. It acts on many levels in the body, forming coenzyme NADH and facilitating the breakdown of food for ATP/energy. Also recommended for maintaining good HDL/LDL cholesterol level ratios in blood. I was happy with this product, but since I use Niacin in lesser quantities, I will buy their Niacin 500 mg next time. Also, beware that this should be balanced with other B - vits, and since Niacin acts as a Methyl Acceptor (in contrast to -donor), it could be recommended to up your vitamin B6, Folate and b12 to avoid too much methyl draining. Horse pill size caps BTW :)

Minimal Flush

Posted by Reviewer1860698 on Apr 13, 2009

I've experienced very little to no flushing with these caps and I'm taking them 6 at a time.

Be careful of dosage

Posted by Reviewer1279884 on May 15, 2009

Used for lowering cholesterol niacin can also raise blood sugar and help precipitate gout. This brand obviously works because it not only helped lower my cholesterol (along with red yeast rice) but it did help my blood sugar and precipitate a gout attack.

The Best Niacin

Posted by Reviewer1621147 on Oct 24, 2009

The Twinlab niacin, either in 500mg or 1000mg, is a terrific product that dissolves quickly and brings on the niacin flush quickly. With such a quick acting niacin flush I know that if I take it at say 9 o'clock, that the flush will be over by 10-10:15, and I can go about my business without a red flushed face.

Niacin, B-3 Caps

Posted by Reviewer1913234 on Jul 21, 2008

In 3 months, my LDL reading went from 160 to 114 because of my taking these Niacin capsules--along with Krill Oil. My doctor is thrilled, and so am I. Thanks!

Gold standard for Cholesterol Control

Posted by Reviewer2318591 on Nov 19, 2006

Lowered my cholesterol from 240 to 180 with $0.07/day of nicotinic acid (non-flush niacins do not have this property). TwinLab variety is excellent.

GREAT BUT POWERFUL...GO EASY

Posted by Reviewer18018967 on Jun 25, 2012

Truly powerful supplement, although 1000 mg seems to be too much for me. So now, I open one capsule and drop 1/3 in a 1,5 liter of water and drink it throughout the day. The rest of the capsule I save for the following days. Anymore than that and I get the strongest reaction: first I flush up and look beetroot red all over the body as if I was sun burned, and 30 minutes later I look like a drug addict trying to kick it, scratching myself non stop, and shivering...if in public it can affect your reputation, believe me. So, its a brilliant supplement, great for oxigenating your whole body by making the blood rush all over the body right up to the smallest of capillaries, but start slowly and take it with meals. I'm speculating here, but around the same time i started taking the full dose Niacin, I had a large bruise in the white of one of the eyes, that appeared suddenly out of no where and I think it must have been the niacin flush that broke some superficial veins in the eye that were more vulnerable...went away with cortisone after 3 days, so nothing serious. I have read somewhere that very very large dosis may do the same with the liver, although this would have to be many times larger than the recommended dose. Niacin is important, dont skip it, and dont get the alternative, which is the non flushing niacinamide, which is harmful for the liver. This is the one you want, just go easy on the amounts until your body gets used to it. I hear its also great to take one before sex, to enhance sexual sensations...cant vouch for that one, but will be tried one day ;) Just hope I can stop scratching myself, lol

Getting Things Under Control

Posted by Reviewer2257674 on Nov 26, 2008

With the help of these niacin caps and with the addition of omega-3 softgels I was able to get my cholesterol and triglycerides under control. My body does not tolerate statins so I needed an alternative. The doctor was extremely happy with the results and told me to keep up the good work.

Niacin, TwinLab 1000mg caps

Posted by Reviewer1612038 on Sep 12, 2010

I have used this product for several years now and have always gotten quality, equitable prices and good service. It's helped keep my cholesterol readings text-book perfect!