Excellent Product

Posted by Reviewer3112194 on Oct 06, 2012

I'm taking this for schizophrenia after reading Dr Hoffers research on niacin, I've been taking it for a week now & feel an improvement in mood, & feel more relaxed & sleeping better, It seems to have a powerful detox action, I can feel it scrubbing my lungs much in the way as when I first tried EDTA, I'm taking 3000mg to 8000mg a day with Vitamin C, Vitamin E with Selenium, Chela Detox & Bentonite, EFA's

Be careful of dosage

Posted by Reviewer1279884 on May 15, 2009

Used for lowering cholesterol niacin can also raise blood sugar and help precipitate gout. This brand obviously works because it not only helped lower my cholesterol (along with red yeast rice) but it did help my blood sugar and precipitate a gout attack.

The Best Niacin

Posted by Reviewer1621147 on Oct 24, 2009

The Twinlab niacin, either in 500mg or 1000mg, is a terrific product that dissolves quickly and brings on the niacin flush quickly. With such a quick acting niacin flush I know that if I take it at say 9 o'clock, that the flush will be over by 10-10:15, and I can go about my business without a red flushed face.

Minimal Flush

Posted by Reviewer1860698 on Apr 13, 2009

I've experienced very little to no flushing with these caps and I'm taking them 6 at a time.

I fully recommend this B-3

Posted by Reviewer1382187 on Jun 20, 2013

I enjoy the flush feeling, but I haven't felt it in a while and I'm at 3,000mg per day. I want to try this for depression. So far, so good. After several weeks I am feeling much better, but there are other mental issues that must be addressed. If you want to take it for depression, it works, but of you don't have your mind right, it will fail it. There is no magic cure for depression. It takes a little effort to try to live each day and moment as happily as possible. This niacin has helped me to feel free from the constraint of incomprehensible and seemingly random sadness, but I know the rest, the happiness is up to me. To those of you who suffer from depression. Good luck! <3

Niacin, B-3 Caps

Posted by Reviewer1913234 on Jul 21, 2008

In 3 months, my LDL reading went from 160 to 114 because of my taking these Niacin capsules--along with Krill Oil. My doctor is thrilled, and so am I. Thanks!

Gold standard for Cholesterol Control

Posted by Reviewer2318591 on Nov 19, 2006

Lowered my cholesterol from 240 to 180 with $0.07/day of nicotinic acid (non-flush niacins do not have this property). TwinLab variety is excellent.

GREAT BUT POWERFUL...GO EASY

Posted by Reviewer18018967 on Jun 25, 2012

Truly powerful supplement, although 1000 mg seems to be too much for me. So now, I open one capsule and drop 1/3 in a 1,5 liter of water and drink it throughout the day. The rest of the capsule I save for the following days. Anymore than that and I get the strongest reaction: first I flush up and look beetroot red all over the body as if I was sun burned, and 30 minutes later I look like a drug addict trying to kick it, scratching myself non stop, and shivering...if in public it can affect your reputation, believe me. So, its a brilliant supplement, great for oxigenating your whole body by making the blood rush all over the body right up to the smallest of capillaries, but start slowly and take it with meals. I'm speculating here, but around the same time i started taking the full dose Niacin, I had a large bruise in the white of one of the eyes, that appeared suddenly out of no where and I think it must have been the niacin flush that broke some superficial veins in the eye that were more vulnerable...went away with cortisone after 3 days, so nothing serious. I have read somewhere that very very large dosis may do the same with the liver, although this would have to be many times larger than the recommended dose. Niacin is important, dont skip it, and dont get the alternative, which is the non flushing niacinamide, which is harmful for the liver. This is the one you want, just go easy on the amounts until your body gets used to it. I hear its also great to take one before sex, to enhance sexual sensations...cant vouch for that one, but will be tried one day ;) Just hope I can stop scratching myself, lol

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer1507600 on Aug 14, 2011

I got these for my Husband to help his depression. Hes taking 1000mg so far,only a slight flush if taken on an empty stomach.Great to be able to by 1000mg tablets becauce he needs to get to 3000mg per day.Im a customer from Perth Australia,7days for delivery no problems with customs.iHerb has a customer for life.

Twinlab Niacin

Posted by Reviewer1583828 on Jan 30, 2010

Cardiologist recommened Twinlabs 1000mg Niacin Cap twice daily. Been on it for 6 years. High dose, obtain your doctor's approval.