The Best Niacin

Posted by Reviewer1621147 on Oct 24, 2009

The Twinlab niacin, either in 500mg or 1000mg, is a terrific product that dissolves quickly and brings on the niacin flush quickly. With such a quick acting niacin flush I know that if I take it at say 9 o'clock, that the flush will be over by 10-10:15, and I can go about my business without a red flushed face.

Excellent Product

Posted by Reviewer3112194 on Oct 06, 2012

I'm taking this for schizophrenia after reading Dr Hoffers research on niacin, I've been taking it for a week now & feel an improvement in mood, & feel more relaxed & sleeping better, It seems to have a powerful detox action, I can feel it scrubbing my lungs much in the way as when I first tried EDTA, I'm taking 3000mg to 8000mg a day with Vitamin C, Vitamin E with Selenium, Chela Detox & Bentonite, EFA's

My Go-to Formula

Posted by 4779905523234241235 on Oct 11, 2015

The flushed skin sensation is something I actually enjoy, and look forward to. It's the very reason I use this form of Niacin – because it dilates the capillaries. And it's the opening-up of those capillaries, which allows increased circulation of nutrients and oxygen. So I take a capsule two or three times a day, depending on the number of meals I eat. I take it with my “Thorne Research Basic Nutrients IV with Copper and Iron,” and other supplements – to insure that my nutrients get delivered to every cell in the body. For that alone – it's worth its weight in gold. But as a bonus, I also find that it's an incredible mood booster, easing the mind and relaxing the lungs – which makes for restful sleep, especially when taken with L-Tryptophan. When I want to rev up my methylation cycle – to increase my cognitive powers, I take a high-dose of methyl-B12 and methyl-folate. When I want to dampen the methylation cycle – for relaxation purposes, this 1000 mg Niacin capsule is my go-to formula.

Niacin, B-3 Caps

Posted by Reviewer1913234 on Jul 21, 2008

In 3 months, my LDL reading went from 160 to 114 because of my taking these Niacin capsules--along with Krill Oil. My doctor is thrilled, and so am I. Thanks!

Gold standard for Cholesterol Control

Posted by Reviewer2318591 on Nov 19, 2006

Lowered my cholesterol from 240 to 180 with $0.07/day of nicotinic acid (non-flush niacins do not have this property). TwinLab variety is excellent.

Getting Things Under Control

Posted by Reviewer2257674 on Nov 26, 2008

With the help of these niacin caps and with the addition of omega-3 softgels I was able to get my cholesterol and triglycerides under control. My body does not tolerate statins so I needed an alternative. The doctor was extremely happy with the results and told me to keep up the good work.

Niacin, TwinLab 1000mg caps

Posted by Reviewer1612038 on Sep 12, 2010

I have used this product for several years now and have always gotten quality, equitable prices and good service. It's helped keep my cholesterol readings text-book perfect!

Twinlab Niacin

Posted by Reviewer1583828 on Jan 30, 2010

Cardiologist recommened Twinlabs 1000mg Niacin Cap twice daily. Been on it for 6 years. High dose, obtain your doctor's approval.

HDL

Posted by Reviewer1785417 on Apr 07, 2011

2 grams per day raised my hdl from 16 to 34 in a month. Good stuff.

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer1507600 on Aug 14, 2011

I got these for my Husband to help his depression. Hes taking 1000mg so far,only a slight flush if taken on an empty stomach.Great to be able to by 1000mg tablets becauce he needs to get to 3000mg per day.Im a customer from Perth Australia,7days for delivery no problems with customs.iHerb has a customer for life.