Bob's Red Mill, Organic, Whole Grain Hot Cereal, Creamy Buckwheat, 18 oz (510 g)

Reviews 3-star

An acquired taste

Posted by Reviewer2579370 From Ireland on May 20, 2011

Didn't fancy this, very barley taste. Not happy that international postage only allows one bag such as this for the 3lb limit even though two should generously fit within this allowance. 'Packaging' appears to weigh a whole pound!

Tastes like a cousin of oatmeal, or barley

Posted by Reviewer2812867 From Japan on May 28, 2011

I thought I bought a package of organic oatmeal...but it was buckwheat and didnt notice it till now I am writing this review. It takes a little longer to cook but I guess its ok as a hot cereal. It tastes like a barley but ate it with hot milk and brown sugar and was ok. I do prefer oatmeal though...

unsure...

Posted by noonchee From Korea, Republic of on Jan 20, 2014

I like buckwheat. In Korea, I eat lots of food with buckwheat flour - from noodles to pancakes. I drink buckwheat tea. I even have a buckwheat pillow. So, I thought I'd love this item, especially since I love Steel Cut Oats and cream of wheat. However, I didn't care for this as a hot cereal. I didn't want to waste the rest of the cereal. After it had cooled, it resembled rice that was a little overcooked. So, I had some with my meal in lieu of rice, and enjoyed it that way. It's a healthier alternative to rice - though the texture needs improvement. I will keep trying though - perhaps it is the way that I cooked the hot cereal. If it doesn't improve, I will use the rest of the bag as a healthy rice substitute.