One of the essentials in my gluten free pantry!

Posted by iHerbalicious on Nov 20, 2012

I have a coeliac disease so a gluten free diet is of a vital importance to me. I buy most of gluten free flours from iHerb, since in our country (EU market) selection of GF products is not that wide - in last years has improved a lot but we are not there yet;) And GF sorghum flour is one of the products that have not yet reached our shelves, so I am really glad I discovered it on iHerb. I must say that from all GF flours I’ve tried, sorghum flour is the one that (taste wise) the most resembles wheat. I use it in my home baked GF bread (I mix it with other GF flours, but usually sorghum flour represents 50%) and it is great for thickening sauces. I heartily recommend it to all of coeliacs out there! :)

Keeper

Posted by Reviewer1566961 on Nov 13, 2012

This is the first time I have used sorghum flour. . My gluten free dumplings and bread turned out well. If you have used different GF flours sometimes they have an off taste, but this flour worked well and tasted great. This is a definite keeper.

Fav gluten free flour

Posted by MoShos on Oct 09, 2012

This is my fav gluten free flour. Works in almost anything!

Gluten Free

Posted by Reviewer1623885 on Oct 03, 2012

Some gluten-free recipes call for this flour.

Gluten-Free, Mix with Other Flours

Posted by SherryB on Aug 23, 2012

Sorghum does have a distinct taste. Not as neutral as rice flour or wheat flour. I like it though. I usually mix the gluten-free rice flour and the sorghum together to make crepes and pancakes. There are some good recipes online for us gluten-less people.

All Grains Contain A Type Of Gluten

Posted by Reviewer2469206 on Jul 13, 2012

There are different kinds of gluten and all grains contain gluten: Wheat (Gliadin - 69%), Corn (Zien - 55%), Sorghum (Kafirin - 52%). Grains are not a healthy food.

Gluten-free staple

Posted by PracticalHealth on Jul 02, 2012

This sorghum flour makes gluten-free blends taste amazing (especially with a little coconut flour mixed in). I would like to use it more often, but for economists like me, the price is prohibitive, since you have to use so much of it at a time. I would like to find a good source of the whole grains and grind them myself.

Gluten free alternative

Posted by Reviewer1896114 on Jun 27, 2012

Great for gluten free diets. Great cost and value!

very nice sorghum flour

Posted by Reviewer1348667 on May 09, 2012

mild taste, easy to bake gluten-free breads with!

I Love Sorghum Flour!

Posted by Reviewer3359769 on Apr 08, 2012

I need to eat gluten free, and sorghum flour is a staple in my recipes. I also am using the all purpose flour mix from the book Artisinal Gluten Free Cooking, and it includes sorghum flour in that mix. I like the flour because it is a healthier flour with good nutrients in it as opposed to some of the starchier gluten free flours.