Smells bad, nothing like real lavender, certainly not like organic!

Posted by PurplePegasus on Dec 04, 2012

Sorry to say, between the organic eucalyptus and this one, NOW is a dud when it comes to organic oils. I work with a lot of organic oils and have never smelled anything like these. They're on the foul side, this doesn't exactly reek it smells nothing like the sweet floral that is lavender. It smells just bad. I do not recommend and wish I could get my money back from NOW foods. Skip this one and try another brand.

Excellent organic lavender oil.

Posted by Leione on Apr 14, 2014

It's truly an amazing product known for its superb antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiviral, antifungal, analgesic, antispasmodic, tonic, cicatrizant, soothing, healing, pacifying, nervine and antidepressant properties. Rich in aromatic esters, lavender oil is an effective remedy for different types of infections, bacteria, viruses, fungi, acne, rashes, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, scabies, shingles, hives, sciatica, ringworm, chicken pox, dandruff, seborrhea, scalp infections, aching muscles, earache, fatigue, fevers, giddy spells, pulpitations, headache, insomnia, cramps, scabies, shingles, sinusitis, stress, anxiety and sunburn. It alleviates inflammation, heals sore and chapped lips, peeling skin, small wounds, cuts, abrasions, bruises, bug bites, blisters, burns, carbuncles, canker soles. A few drops of lavender oil added to a vaporizer can help people suffering from nasal congestion, bronchitis, emphysema, asthma, tonsillitis, laryngitis, sinusitis. A lavender bath is an excellent stress reliever, relaxant and antidepressant, a lavender compress is great for sore muscles, sprains and injuries. Lavender oil is also a great all-natural sunburn remedy, insect repellent and mildew and mold remover. I've been diluting it with different base oils ( olive, jojoba, grapeseed, almond, avocado or apricot kernel oil) and using it on my skin, and I've noticed that the condition of my skin has improved: my skin tone has even out, there's no redness or irritation, my acne has cleared up, my scalp is healthier and no longer dry, itchy and flaky. Glad I discovered this amazing healing lavender oil.

Use in laundry rinse and in spray for bedroom

Posted by Reviewer1122917 on Dec 01, 2007

I like buying certified organic oil and use this each time I wash clothing or sheets and towels adding 10+ drops to the rinse water. I also add it (20+ drops)to water in a spray bottle to freshen up sheets, pillows and the bedroom.

RaDonna Ridner-Thurman

Posted by Reviewer3106315 on Feb 05, 2008

I love the lavender oil!! You can definitely tell a difference between the organic as I have the non-organic in the same brand as well. I didn't realize it when I bought the non-organic but chemicals are used in the extraction and the organic smells so much nicer and natural than the non-organic. My customer service experience was positive. The USPS made a mistake in delivery (delivered to wrong apt) and my package was delayed several days. That was not the fault of the company however and I will definitely order again and have referred this company to several friends in search of organic lavender oil. thank you.

Love it!

Posted by MGG-ThreeTwoFour on Jul 22, 2015

I use this every night right before I get in bed. I first put 4 drops of a carrier oil in my hand (I'm using jojoba, but olive oil would work just as well) and then add 2 drops of this Lavender oil, rub it all together between my hands, and then rub it on the bottoms of my feet. When I do this, I sleep the sleep of the dead! Even if I wake for some reason during the night, I fall back to sleep easily and sleep so well! If I forget, I wake many more times during the night, get up earlier and feel worse, and just generally have a bad day. The NOW brand of essential oils has been recommended to me by friends as being a pure oil, fine for using on your skin in this way. There are some brands in which this would be a bad idea. The price was great, and I love how it helps me sleep! ** For new customers of iHerb, please also visit my page for more product reviews **

Potent oil, yet medicinal in fragrance

Posted by Reviewer2989536 on Dec 02, 2010

Yep, this is a strong oil. It smells more like medicine than a flower. But I have used it for home remedies to great success. I wouldn't put this in a fragrance. Bulgarian lavender is better in perfumes.

Very potent!

Posted by Reviewer1293656 on Jun 09, 2010

Purchased as a skin anti-bacterial agent and to help break down scar tissue since Lavender Oil is toxic to scar tissue. Because I'm using it in combination with Jason Natural vitamin E oil 5000 IU, tea tree oil, and brown rice vinegar I can't confirm that it's specifically Lavender oil that is working...but something is DEFINITELY working! I've stopped having breakouts and I can see the skin discolorations fading faster than usual. It will take time to tell if the more built up scar tissue will dissolve using Lavender Oil, but I’m being very faithful to my routine so time will definitely tell. While not entirely telling of quality, Now Foods Lavender oil is very potent. I accidently forgot to completely seal the bottle before throwing it in my bag for a road trip so a little bit leaked onto my bag. Even with the car windows down the air was filled with the wonderful smell of Lavender.

Amazing

Posted by Reviewer1305684 on May 18, 2011

I have been usuing this Lavender oil primarily to control my as of late acne prone skin, I believe this alone has beeen the most important product in my skins turn around, i apply neat to my problem area's every night and my blemishes have been 99% better and i am not exaggerating. Secondly, I also mix with water for a make up setter and hair refresher, lavender oil is multi dimensional and i encourage all to enjoy its many benefits.

Smells great

Posted by MandyEm on Feb 01, 2013

I like to add a drop or two to my laundry to make my clothes smell fresh.

repels mosquitos

Posted by Reviewer1485754 on Oct 12, 2010

I use it instead of deet to repel mosquitos. Smells good and lavender blocks the smell receptor in the mosquito. I live where dengue fever is prevalent.