Effective!!!

Posted by iHerbalicious on Apr 29, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I chose this sunscreen because it contains purely mineral filters (Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide) and doesn’t contain Retinyl Palmitate or any bad cosmetic alcohols. Despite lighter and more elegant formulas of chemical sunscreens I strictly avoid them because of all of the controversy around them (you can often find them described as “Free Radical Generators” & “Gender-Bending Estrogenic Chemicals”). But with switching to mineral sunscreen came another controversy - nanoparticle one. On the tube of Age Reversal Mineral Sunscreen is stated that it contains Microfine Zinc Oxide and Microfine Titanium Dioxide. I think you can’t simply rely when something is described as microfine to be actually non-nanofine/nanoparticle-free because there is some ambiguity in how the word microfine or microparticle is used. When unsure it is best to check with companies. In FAQ's section of Dessert Essence website is stated: “We do not use or allow any of our vendors use nanoparticles”. Putting nanoparticle dilemma aside; Age Reversal Mineral Sunscreen can be a little heard to spread and to solve this I lightly spray my face with facial toner and then immediately apply it. This way it spreads easily and evenly, is less pasty and it works perfectly under makeup – it does not feel thick and is still allowing skin too breathe. You have to take into account that when using purely mineral sunscreen there will always be some pastiness or/and greasiness but I do found this particular sunscreen less pasty than any other I’ve tried to date plus it is not greasy at all perhaps just a little sticky (with applying a face powder as finish you will get rid of possible stickiness). And most importantly it gives me an effective everyday (under makeup) sun protection and has proven to be just as effective when on/by the sea and when hiking. Oh and it has a nice fresh lemony smell as well – you know I had to mentioned that!;)

Not a good product for women of color

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 26, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This product is horrible for women of color. It left my skin white and pasty. It smells really good though.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 13, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Easy to apply. Does look a little white at first, that that fades out. I live in Miami (not for long!) so it's perfect for daily wear.

I like it a lot.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 10, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have tried this sunscreen and I like it. Yes, it makes your skin look all white, when you apply it, but after some seconds, and after rubbing it in the skin really well, (which at the same time gives an invigorating massage to the skin), the whiteness goes away as the cream gets absorbed by the skin. Most of the time I use a mineral make up powder with a little color, on top of the sunscreen, and there is no problem at all, with a "whitish" skin. even without this mineral make up, I don't seem to have any problem with ""white"" skin. it comes a bit hard out of the tube, and is thick, but, it does the job well. No product can be 100% perfect. but this product is good, and the ingredients are good for the skin, and I am very satisfied. I also do not "brake out" or have other problems with this cream. will buy this product again.

Great, great, great!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 20, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Have used this for years. It's in every car we own, with the ski equipment and by the back door. Everyone from the preschooler up uses it. We live in a very dry climate, too, so the age reversal content is wonderful for us all. Hubby has very sensitive skin and this has never caused irritation.

Great Mineral Sunblock

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 02, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This is a mineral sunblock so will get a white residue. But the best part is that this does not irritate the skin and is non-greasy.

Finally a healthy sunscreen lotion that is safe to use

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 19, 2010 | Verified Purchase

There are so many sunscreen out there that contain harmful chemicals;finally I found one that doesn't contain them.

Mineral sunscreen

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 29, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Summers in my country aren't very shiny and hot. Still, I prefered this SPF 30 sunscreen for my child. No harsh chemicals, toxines etc. that could harm baby, so very good choice. Bit disappointed because it left white residues and was too thick.

works - skin is white for a bit

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 17, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Works fine. No odor. Does look white on your skin when you put it on but it absorbs in. Great to have a sunscreen without scary chemicals.

Marika from Estonia

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 05, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Very thik cream, difficult to spread.