Greens Plus, Chia, Omega 3, 1 lb (454 g)

Great for energy and weight loss

Posted by coconut on Jun 29, 2012

I just measure out a tablespoon and take them with water. They swell up a lot and provide nutrition and just not bulk. I don't grind them since they easily burst with water. I don't mix with shakes or smoothies. I just put them in my mouth and swallow with a big glass of water with meals. I don't recommend putting the whole tablespoon at once. Break up between 2 mouthfuls (1/2 tablesppon each). Fills me up. Take twice daily. I also use with coconut oil. I down a tablespoon of it right from the jar. If it is solid I just move it around in my mouth until it melts. Coconut oil helps lose weight too.

Great addition to cereal

Posted by Reviewer2767934 on Jan 29, 2010

I add this to my morning grains, add some dried cranberries and almond milk and it tastes great. I haven't added to liquids and drank it like others have, because I think the feel is weird (kind of slippery little guys when wet).

An Interesting Addition to the Diet

Posted by Reviewer2199321 on Jul 28, 2009

I had read about chia seeds' good omega-3 profile and added them to have a change. I like to eat or drink them after allowing them to soak for about 5 minutes in water. The seeds develop a gel-like capsule around them. I like the resulting texture better than eating them plain. I haven't tried using them as an egg substitute.

Great product!

Posted by Reviewer3325554 on Apr 04, 2009

I enjoy this with fresh lemonade, in my smoothies, I let it sit for a little bit until it turns kinda jelly like. It is great mixed with iced tea too. The kids like it too. It has lots of great health benefits and great fiber.

Mixed message

Posted by Reviewer2392098 on Apr 18, 2010

I like the seed. I don't like that when I break the plastic seal, the label peels off too.