Do It Yourself Linen Spray
This blog has not been approved by your local health department and is not intended to provide diagnosis, treatment, or medical advice.
Try this natural DIY linen spray for fabrics.
If summer clothes and linens smell a little musty from being packed away all winter, now is the time to take them out of storage and freshen them up a bit. One great way to freshen up linens is to use a natural spray. To make this spray requires some basic ingredients and supplies from around the home.
- 24 drops lavender essential oil
- 36 drops lemon essential oil
- 30 drops pine or fir essential oil
- 30 drops cypress essential oil
- 1 Tbs. vodka or rubbing alcohol
- filtered or distilled water
- 8-ounce opaque glass or plastic spray bottle
Mix the essential oils and vodka or rubbing alcohol inside of the spray bottle. Swirl to stir. Allow to rest for 15 minutes. Add enough water to bring the volume to 1/2 inch from the top of the spray bottle. To use this linen spray, gently swirl the bottle. Hold the bottle about 6 inches away from fabrics and liberally spray. It works on pillows, furniture and toys.