Collagen has grown in popularity as a supplement for a variety of reasons and comes in multiple forms. It’s suggested that collagen positively benefits our skin, hair, tendons, and other fibrous tissues found throughout the body. Within our bodies, collagen can be found as one of the main structural proteins in our body’s fibrous connective tissue.
Should You Switch to a HIIT Workout?
Jan 01, 2018
High Intensity Interval Training, or HIIT, has grown in popularity over the last few years, and continues to do so. This type of training encompasses short bouts of intense exercise set to a certain amount of time. Intervals can last as anywhere from 15 seconds to 2 minutes, and will vary depending on the HIIT workout being performed. There have been multiple forms and types of HIIT workout created, which make them a viable option for a wide variety of the workout-focused population.
Women, Healthy Fats and Overall Fitness
Dec 20, 2017
If you’re a woman who exercises regularly, you have probably heard conflicting messages about the best way to fuel your body, specifically when it comes to fat intake. For many years, low-fat, high carbohydrate diets were recommended for weight loss, general health, and exercise performance.
6 Foods and Supplements to Naturally Help Sore Muscles
Dec 11, 2017
If you love the gym and a good workout, then there’s a good chance you’re used to having sore muscles from time to time. Many actually think sore muscles are a reward, or a sign of a good workout. They can be, but they can also be counterproductive.
Do It Yourself Sports Electrolyte Drink
Nov 22, 2017
Get daily electrolytes by making homemade sports drinks.
California Gold Nutrition Pre and Post Workout Shake Recipes
Oct 05, 2017
Those who hit the gym regularly know how important it is to fuel the body with protein before or after a workout session. A healthy amount of protein helps to heal the micro-tears created when exercising, helping individuals to more efficiently build those muscles. A whey protein shake is one of the quickest and easiest ways to get the protein needed, especially for those who are also busy with a job and other obligations.
5 BIG Reasons to Love Whey Protein
Sep 27, 2017
Whey is a natural byproduct of the cheese making process. Cow’s milk has about 6.25% protein. Of that protein, 80% is casein (another type of protein) and the remaining 20% is whey. When cheese is made, it uses the casein molecules leaving the whey behind. Whey protein is made via filtering off the other components of whey such as lactose, fats, and minerals. Whey protein is a soluble, easy to digest, and is efficiently absorbed into the body. When taken prior to a meal, it improves blood sugar control.
Exercising Contributes to a Longer Life
Aug 31, 2017
There are plenty of creams and capsules that can help with a youthful appearance on the outside. But to become younger on the inside, research suggests that it’s time to break a sweat.
Tips to Enhance Your Stretching Routine
Aug 17, 2017
When we think of movement, we often think of building muscle or increasing our aerobic capacity; however, we can sometimes underestimate the power of stretching. Enhancing flexibility as a part of a regular exercise program is key. One of the things we like best about stretching is that it can be done frequently in short bouts throughout the day.
Types of Protein Powders from Whey to Vegan
Aug 04, 2017
Protein powder is a favorite nutrient among dieters, bodybuilders and cleanse aficionados. These powders work by providing the body with one of its most basic building blocks. There are many forms of protein powder available, and each contains several of the amino acids that the body needs for energy and muscle growth.
Whey Protein and Blood Sugar
Aug 02, 2017
Whey protein ingestion has been shown to reduce feelings of hunger and promote satiety making it a valuable aid in weight loss programs. Whey protein during weight loss has also been shown to preserve lean body mass.
Green Exercise: Why Outdoor Workouts are So Much Better
Aug 01, 2017
We all know that exercise is vital for good health—no matter whether it’s aerobic exercise, strength training, mind-body exercises like yoga, or another type of physical activity.
This blog is not intended to provide diagnosis, treatment or medical advice. Content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. Please consult with a physician or other healthcare professional regarding any medical or health related diagnosis or treatment options. Information on this blog should not be considered as a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional. The claims made about specific products throughout this blog are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.
Shop this article
Check out what others are buying in real time!