Easy Vegan Protein-Packed Recipes
September 18 2018
Like everyone, those maintaining a vegan diet need to get plenty of protein. Fortunately, peas and brown rice are two quality sources of plant-based, trans-fat-free protein. California Gold Nutrition vegan protein powders, which are made with pea and brown rice proteins, are a tasty way to get a daily dose of this nutrient. These non-GMO protein powders are also gluten-free and soy-free.
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake
This shake made with California Gold Nutrition Chocolate Vegan Protein powder and peanut butter is packed with protein. Drink one to start the day or as a satisfying mid-afternoon snack.
- 2 cups kale
- 1 banana
- 2 Tbs. flax seeds
- 1 Tbs. peanut butter
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 cups ice
- 1 cup almond or cashew milk
- 2 scoops California Gold Nutrition Chocolate Vegan Protein
- 2 Tbs. cacao powder
- 1 Tbs. MCT Oil
- Puree kale and banana in a blender, adding in flax seeds and peanut butter.
- Blend in the ice and water.
- Add the protein powder, cacao powder and milk of choice. Continue to blend.
- Slowly add the MCT oil to the blender. Pulse the mixture one final time.
- Pour the finished product into a cup and enjoy.
Vegan Vanilla Protein Smoothie Bowl
Soaked chia seeds lend a creamy texture to this smoothie bowl recipe featuring California Gold Vanilla Vegan Protein.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbs. chia seeds
- 1 banana, chunked and frozen
- 1 scoop California Gold Nutrition Vanilla Vegan Protein
- 1 Tbs. Coconut Oil
- The night before serving, stir the chia seeds into the water and store in the refrigerator to soak.
- In the morning, pour the seeds into a blender. Add the banana, coconut flour and protein powder. Blend thoroughly.
- Soften the coconut oil. Slowly add the oil to the blender and blend until fully incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl, add optional toppings and devour this treat for breakfast or as a great post-workout snack.