Immune Boosting Mushroom Coffee and Hot Cocoa Recipes
This blog has not been approved by your local health department and is not intended to provide diagnosis, treatment, or medical advice.
Try healthier coffee and hot cocoa alternatives that help boost the immune system with the benefits of mushrooms.
Mushroom Health Benefits
Scientific studies indicate that chaga, lion's mane, reishi and other types of mushrooms offer a number of health benefits. A group of researchers published an article in a 2015 issue of "Journal of Ethnopharmacology" that explained that the mushrooms used in mushroom coffee may help boost immunity. Mushrooms contain antioxidants in the form of ergothioneine and glutathione, which combat the free radicals that contribute to a number of medical ailments.
Hot Coffee Mushroom Drink
- Add 1 packet of CafeCeps to the hot water and stir to dissolve.
- Sweeten with the honey.
- Add the cream and stir to blend.
- Enjoy the hot drink.
Hot Cocoa Mushroom Drink
- Heat the coconut milk in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk continually until the milk boils.
- Put the scoop of CocoCeps into a mug.
- Add the hot water and stir to dissolve.
- Add the honey and dash of cinnamon and stir.
- Add the frothy coconut milk and stir gently.
- Enjoy the drink.